User Tag List

First 8161718

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's a quote from a few decades ago that should be as well known as "Read my lips, no new taxes" or "I am not a crook," etc.

It seemed pretty clear you were just tossing out the reference because it's part of the quote.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"
    "You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone." ~ "Six Feet Under"
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I didn't because it's such an old, well used line I didn't think it was necessary, that was in the links I provided. Although I have heard people from Sean Hannity on down on the right saying the same thing. I don't think you not having a TV matters here.

Be that as it may, I am not hearing the same concern for the derogatory slander aimed at the left. I don't look down on non-voters -I want to reach them. I did this for a living for some time, I know what I'm talking about. But again, there doesn't seem to be anyone falling over themselves to defend the left the way they do the poor misunderstood right winger. Why is this? Aren't they working people that deserve a break just as much as the poor misunderstood Trump voter? That's the point I'm trying to make here. And I have met and know many of them - that is the area I live in.
    I don’t really care about trying to understand right wingers. They’re pretty straight forward and easy to figure out. To the point of being very predictable.

I think it’s more important understanding why economically left people continue to support right wing populists. For instance, union supporters and blue collar Dems flocking to Reagan in 1980..

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Mind elaborating? I think I may fit this mold.
    Labor minded leftists tend to care less about identity politics because they feel the reforms and changes they support will ultimately benefit people of all backgrounds and make for an overall more egalitarian society.