MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

FFS

Five more Game of Thrones stars add their names to Emmy ballots

Gold Derby also notes that just one episode was submitted in the writing category: The show’s series finale written by showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss.
    Should have been "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" if anything. Submitting the finale is a joke.

...HBO had already submitted Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington for lead actor categories and Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Maisie Williams, and Sophie Turner in supporting categories.... Now comes word that five more have been entered (“likely by their personal reps,” the outlet explains). The newcomers in supporting categories include Gwendoline Christie (who was phenomenal as Brienne of Tarth in the series and particularly in the second episode of the final season, “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms”), Pilou Asbaek (who was a surprise scene stealer as Euron Greyjoy), Alfie Allen (who was heartbreaking as Theon Greyjoy), and Richard Dormer (who had strong final moments as Beric Dondarrion).
    yeah, sounds like participation rewards at this point... It's hard to shine when the screenplays weren't that good. Case in point: Lena Headey, who deserved recognition before this season hands-down but had squat to do (in any meaningful sense) in Season 8. I feel bad for her.

In fact, I have trouble thinking of any performance that really stuck out in the final season to be a winner or runner-up for an entire year of TV, aside from maybe Coster-Waldau and Christie in the scene where Brienne is knighted. Although I guess, despite the bad scripting, Clarke did as well as possible pulling off that final episode or two. The actors didn't do bad, it's just the season itself was unmemorable aside from two huge controversial plot points folks were waiting years to see. The production quality was still there, so I can understand awards in those areas.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The series finale was submitted for an Emmy? For writing? One YouTuber found that 57 minutes of the finale contained no dialogue! 57 minutes of silence for the wrap up to an 8 year show known for character complexity.

D&D are amazing, and not in a good way. An Emmy submission for writing that finale? Might as well shit on a plate at a baking competition and call it a brownie.
    Likes Codex liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wait....how are you supposed to actually make brownies again...?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Not to be confused with Cooking with Varys.
    I had considered going for Cooking with the Freys, but I missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    And then a marriage counseling show "A Family Affair" with Jaime and Cersei Lannister -- how to keep the love alive in hard times and the bedroom spicy. ("And for our season finale -- the kind of experience that will hit you like a ton of bricks!")
    Or The Stanis guide to home schooling and discipline.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.
    Likes Totenkindly, Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

I can't listen to Dragonstone without spiraling into sadness

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I’m late to this.

Season 8 finale was a big letdown, but I kind of saw it coming, given the trajectory.
    Best thing to come out of the series finale:

I’ll also submit this - May it be a cool salve to any burns sustained in watching this dumpster fire:

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

GRRM Criticizing Critism of GoT:
    “The Internet is toxic in a way that old fanzine culture and fandoms — comics fans, science fiction fans — in those days, was not,” Martin said. “There were disagreements. There were feuds, but nothing like the madness that you see on the internet.”

GRRM Criticizing Lost:
    “I kept watching it and I was fascinated. They’d introduce these things and I thought that I knew where it was going. Then they’d introduce some other thing and I’d rethink it. We watched it every week trying to figure it out, and as it got deeper and deeper I kept saying, ‘They better have something good in mind for the end. This end better pay off here.’ And then I felt so cheated when we got to the conclusion.”

“What if I fuck it up at the end? What if I do a ‘Lost’? Then they’ll come after me with pitchforks and torches.”

"Watchmen": Damon Lindelof Reminds George R.R. Martin of "Lost" Slight
    "Game of Thrones" author slams "Lost": Damon Lindelof gives EW his response | EW.com

Personally, I think both criticisms were valid.

It's just that in Lost, they were kind of throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck, which is how they got themselves in a hole in the final season, they should have planned better at that stage... and it was also a show written straight for TV. The bad part about the final season is (1) sideways reality plotline that didn't have any gravitas in itself but was just a time-waster and (2) they tried to explain mysteries with subpar explanations thinking they would fly.

In GoT, it was a book translated into TV (1) missing the last quarter of its text (AKA missing a rationally constructed roadmap), (2) crammed into too short a time span to get to a reasonable destination, and (3) a shift away from nuanced/consistent characterization into hopscotch plotting to drive what happened. If GRRM hadn't gotten behind on book release and D&D had all the text, it probably would have run 10 seasons and been a much better show.

(as a side note, Lindelof redeemed himself in TV land with "The Leftovers," which seemed to have learned a lot from his mistakes in LOST plotting... so maybe the Watchmen spinoff has a chance)

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

From "GoT author slams Lost" link^:

When we announced the end-date of the show, about two days or three days later the Sopranos finale came on, and we both thought it was, like, completely and totally, empirically brilliant. We were shocked to learn that there were a lot of people who thought it was a cop-out. At that moment in time, we had just negotiated the ending of Lost, we kind of looked at each other and said, “We’re screwed.”

LOL.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?