User Tag List

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default Selling things over the internet.

So I have some Ikea bed slats I'm looking to sell (they were the wrong size and returning them wasn't an option). What are the sites people like to use for selling things? I'm looking for an alternative to Amazon.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    SEI

There's ebay, which seems to be a common one
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Facebook Marketplace
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Facebook Marketplace
    I will just say that FB Marketplace is full of flaky people and the listings aren't always transparent in terms of something being faulty. 😞
    Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiver (INFP) with highly-developed Te | 5w4 (some days the 4 wins out!)

Bed slats sound like a pain in the ass to ship and costly...that's why I don't like ebay or etsy platforms for that type of item. Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace sounds like a better fit because the advertisement can be tailored to a local audience and avoids the shipping hassle. If you were looking to start an online store, then Ebay would work better, especially if the items are lightweight and easy to package but just to move some bed slats, I'd go for more local. Personally, I've had no problems selling stuff on Craigslist. There's no overhead, the ads are free and the platform does not take a piece of your action. FB Marketplace is probably the same though I have no firsthand experience to speak from
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    here for succint enneagram type descriptions
    here for 100+ FICTIONAL EXEMPLARS, here for STACKEMUP vs. R&H; here for the SUPREME ENNEAGRAM PRIMER.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealisticSlumbers View Post
    I will just say that FB Marketplace is full of flaky people and the listings aren't always transparent in terms of something being faulty. 😞
    craigslist and ebay is the same way, well especially craigslist. there's not gonna be a place online that you aren't gonna get this, people are shitty in conclusion
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so :hi:

eBay, craigslist, Amazon for conventional products.

Looking to move some vital organs and/or illegal drugs? Bring your cryptocurrency and your overseas based proxy servers, because we're all boarding the midnight train to the Dark Web!!!!

The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    people are shitty in conclusion
    Oh, I concur 😆
    Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiver (INFP) with highly-developed Te | 5w4 (some days the 4 wins out!)
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Bed slats sound like a pain in the ass to ship and costly...that's why I don't like ebay or etsy platforms for that type of item. Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace sounds like a better fit because the advertisement can be tailored to a local audience and avoids the shipping hassle. If you were looking to start an online store, then Ebay would work better, especially if the items are lightweight and easy to package but just to move some bed slats, I'd go for more local. Personally, I've had no problems selling stuff on Craigslist. There's no overhead, the ads are free and the platform does not take a piece of your action. FB Marketplace is probably the same though I have no firsthand experience to speak from
    Unless you are selling a car or boat, I think, on Craigslist. Then it's $5 for the ad.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    I was looking to sell them to people in my city, really. It's big enough that I might be able to pull it off.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi