User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Got my second Moderna dose last week. It was much worse than the first one. I had soreness at the injection site and a high fever that started at night and lasted for about 18 hours. Unlike the first shot, this second one made my whole body ache and sapped my energy. Two days later and I'm back to normal. I think the b-vitamins I took might have helped.
    i have heard this about the second one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    As an update, unfortunately I am knocked out flat today with a consistent 100+ fever and symptoms that go with that, so I guess I'm an unlucky stat who is experiencing worse effects ( or maybe this is more of a norm). I am hoping I start to feel better by tonight or tomorrow. I have had many types of vaccines and this is the first time I've experienced anything other than a prolonged arm ache.

Also FYI the single dose Jannsen vaccine feels more like other vaccines when injected. It's not unnoticeable.

As a contingency I'd suggest when you get whichever vaccine, to have it in place beforehand that you may not be working the next day. My boss is doing that with folks so we were prepared.
    Hope you feel better.

I had my first shot yesterday Astrazeneca Last night i had chills and aches and today a little tired. So we will see what the second shot has in store.
    "I have spoken."
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

Taking Brief blessblessblessblessbless Break RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    SiTi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I took my first Pfizer shot yesterday and did not have drastic symptoms (neither did my friend or roommate, who also took it). Very mild, but persistent/on and off headache that lasted for two days and notable fatigue. Interesting, we all reported joint pain (elbow) on the injected arm. I also have eczema and tend to have a reaction to most vaccines I have taken, so as usual I had soreness and rashing around the injection site. Different then usual, I had rash/eczema patches which excited themselves on my injection arm and semi-persistent itchiness on that arm and generally on that side of my body.

Looking at the few people I've spoken to, for those who typically have reactions to vaccines (like myself), the reaction with this vaccine is more significant/notable than with other vaccines (but not to the point of severity). My friend's mother typically gets headaches, mild rashing, and fatigue and with the first shot had those, as well as a bit of swelling on her face initially. Mine was also a bit more notable as mentioned, this may be a pattern but two people is not statistically significant.

Not bad, but I'm not excited for the second dose considering most people who I've heard take the first vaccine had more minimal reactions than myself...
    Lawful Neutral | LII-Ti | RLoeI | VLEF |
    9w1 |5w6 | 3w2 | sp/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDoubt View Post
    I took my first Pfizer shot yesterday and did not have drastic symptoms (neither did my friend or roommate, who also took it). Very mild, but persistent/on and off headache that lasted for two days and notable fatigue. Interesting, we all reported joint pain (elbow) on the injected arm. I also have eczema and tend to have a reaction to most vaccines I have taken, so as usual I had soreness and rashing around the injection site. Different then usual, I had rash/eczema patches which excited themselves on my injection arm and semi-persistent itchiness on that arm and generally on that side of my body. Looking at the few people I've spoken to, for those who typically have reactions to vaccines (like myself), the reaction with this vaccine is more significant/notable than with other vaccines (but not to the point of severity). My friend's mother typically gets headaches, mild rashing, and fatigue and with the first shot had those, as well as a bit of swelling on her face initially. Mine was also a bit more notable as mentioned, this may be a pattern but two people is not statistically significant. Not bad, but I'm not excited for the second dose considering most people who I've heard take the first vaccine had more minimal reactions than myself...
    Same , based on the last 24 hrs , I will take the next day off for the next one.
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post