User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

even though you think it is a hoax, i would love nothing more than to pull your birth chart.
    4w5-7w6-1w9
    rebel moral
    astro

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    even though you think it is a hoax, i would love nothing more than to pull your birth chart.
    Be brave, chickpea, and tell me what you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    I think it is time for Mole to find his way back home...
    Welcome to my home, just click The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Ch. 5: Dulce Domum.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I have long been a skeptic of astrology, and yet, lately, my opinion on the matter has come to change. According to Einstein's theories, the surface of the earth is held up and pressed down in equal measure. This is what gives it its stability. It neither sinks nor rises. Could it be that, on earth, the very heavens are an invisible future (the stars as they are now) come down to meet an equally invisible past (the fossil record)? If so, one could perhaps catch a glimpse of an approaching future by gazing into the stars. Just as by looking into the past, which we call the fossil record, we learn the lessons of time, we learn them also by gazing into the stars, which are, perhaps, a future fossil record coming down to settle itself upon the earth. Whether any of this is on the right track, is of course, a question mark right now. But it would certainly be a lot of fun, in my opinion, if it were true, not to mention helpful to all of life on this fragile planet.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I have long been a skeptic of astrology, and yet, lately, my opinion on the matter has come to change. According to Einstein's theories, the surface of the earth is held up and pressed down in equal measure. This is what gives it its stability. It neither sinks nor rises. Could it be that, on earth, the very heavens are an invisible future (the stars as they are now) come down to meet an equally invisible past (the fossil record)? If so, one could perhaps catch a glimpse of an approaching future by gazing into the stars. Just as by looking into the past, which we call the fossil record, we learn the lessons of time, we learn them also by gazing into the stars, which are, perhaps, a future fossil record coming down to settle itself upon the earth. Whether any of this is on the right track, is of course, a question mark right now. But it would certainly be a lot of fun, in my opinion, if it were true, not to mention helpful to all of life on this fragile planet.
    We try to avoid death. In WW I with thousands of husbands and sons dying, we turned to spiritualism to contact the dead.

The truth of astronomy revealed the hoax of astrology. And like any religion the core business of astrology is enchantment, and we are reluctant to give up our enchantment. We hang onto enchantment even though we know it isn't true, and call it faith.

Astrology is our time honoured ur-religion, the religion on which all other religions are based, so we are deeply and profoundly reluctant to mourn the death of astrology. It is tantamount to mourning our own death.

And to mourn the death of mbti is not on the agenda.