User Tag List

First 4121314

MBTI
    LGBT

Quote Originally Posted by typologyenthusiast View Post
    I never used any game shark when I was still playing PSX, while some of my classmates use it. I
    when game genie came out, I took the pact; and never looked back, now I wander the wastelands of the interwebs, downloading mods for pc games when i cant hack the console, like the wandering ronin of yore...
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

My favorite army combination when playing as the Ottoman at Age of Empire 3: Hussar, Cavalry archer, Cannon plus Petard. This combination is hard to counter. When they counter with any infantries, cannons will take them out. Cavalry archer will guard cannons, When the opponent counter with hand cavalry try attacking my cannon. When the opponent try to attack my cannon from range using Culverin, hussar will attack them. Ottoman Hussar can be upgraded to Royal guard : Gardener, which is stronger in attack and hitpoints than ordinary guard hussar at age IV, and ottoman cannon with 2 artilery cards can be enhanced so they do more damage and have more hitpoints compared to most civilization Cannons. With irregular card unique to Ottoman, cavalry archer can be upgraded so that they have 1,5 bonus damage to villager. The bonus damage applies also to native cavalry archer like Comanche, or mercenary cavalry archer like Manchu. This enables Ottoman cavalary archer to raid the villager also, which is usually not effective because of penalty without the card. It is good to combine it with native warrior also that cost wood and food.
    32-mins-Ottoman-vs-Portuguese-Irregular-Cav-Archer-Gardener-Field-Gun — ImgBB
    31-mins-Ottoman-vs-Portuguese-Hussar-Cav-Archer-7-Falconet-Petard-2-factories-2-fort — ImgBB
    55-mins-Ottoman-vs-Portuguese-Gardener-Guard-Cav-archer-Heavy-Horse-cannon-Petard — ImgBB
    36-mins-Ottoman-vs-Britain-Hussar-Cav-Archer-Tiger-Claw-Falconet-Petard-Deccan — ImgBB
    54 mins Ottoman vs Britain Imperial Gardener Guard Cav Archer Great Bombard Barbary Corsairs Comanche
    28-mins-Ottoman-vs-Russia-Rocky-Guard-Cav-archer-Veteran-Hussar-Petard-Field-Gun-Fast-Industrial — ImgBB
    46 mins Ottoman vs Dutch Veteran Hussar Guard Cav Archer Field Gun Rocky
    47 mins Ottoman vs Portuguese Falconet bombard cav archer petard excellent economy
    23-mins-Ottoman-vs-Russia-Deccan-Veteran-Hussar-Veteran-Cav-Archer-Falconet-Petard — ImgBB

To get access to Cavalry archer and cannon, I usually go directly to Fortress age, usually by sending food and coin resources crates as soon as I reach Colonial age. To train cavalry archer and hussar we need food resources, so we have to think where we are going to get the resources from. Since Cavalry and cannon also consumes a lot of population slot with 2 population slot for each cavalry and 5 population slot for falconet, not using Ottoman 99 settlers is advisable. I usually only use 70 max so that I can save the rest for military. In the game, my settler population may be only max 45. Since we play under settler population, factory cards are useful to boost the economy. The drawback of this strategy is probably at weak economy at late game, that we have to anticipate to heavily rely on limited factories, not on settler, so when the opponent manage to destroy factories, we are getting weak economically, so it would be a good idea to defend factories with wall.
    This strategy is effective When playing againts civilization that likes to play or have some unique bonus with settler, like Britain, Russia, Portuguese, irregular cavalry archer that raids their settler will be devastating to their economy. But irregular cavalry archer raiding will be less efective againts France, since france villager: coureur has 40 percent damage resistance againts range attack.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    LGBT

Quote Originally Posted by typologyenthusiast View Post
    My favorite army combination when playing as the Ottoman at Age of Empire 3: Hussar, Cavalry archer, Cannon plus Petard. This combination is hard to counter. When they counter with any infantries, cannons will take them out. Cavalry archer will guard cannons, When the opponent counter with hand cavalry try attacking my cannon. When the opponent try to attack my cannon from range using Culverin, hussar will attack them. Ottoman Hussar can be upgraded to Royal guard : Gardener, which is stronger in attack and hitpoints than ordinary guard hussar at age IV, and ottoman cannon with 2 artilery cards can be enhanced so they do more damage and have more hitpoints compared to most civilization Cannons. With irregular card unique to Ottoman, cavalry archer can be upgraded so that they have 1,5 bonus damage to villager. The bonus damage applies also to native cavalry archer like Comanche, or mercenary cavalry archer like Manchu. This enables Ottoman cavalary archer to raid the villager also, which is usually not effective because of penalty without the card. It is good to combine it with native warrior also that cost wood and food.
    32-mins-Ottoman-vs-Portuguese-Irregular-Cav-Archer-Gardener-Field-Gun — ImgBB
    31-mins-Ottoman-vs-Portuguese-Hussar-Cav-Archer-7-Falconet-Petard-2-factories-2-fort — ImgBB
    55-mins-Ottoman-vs-Portuguese-Gardener-Guard-Cav-archer-Heavy-Horse-cannon-Petard — ImgBB
    36-mins-Ottoman-vs-Britain-Hussar-Cav-Archer-Tiger-Claw-Falconet-Petard-Deccan — ImgBB
    54 mins Ottoman vs Britain Imperial Gardener Guard Cav Archer Great Bombard Barbary Corsairs Comanche
    28-mins-Ottoman-vs-Russia-Rocky-Guard-Cav-archer-Veteran-Hussar-Petard-Field-Gun-Fast-Industrial — ImgBB
    46 mins Ottoman vs Dutch Veteran Hussar Guard Cav Archer Field Gun Rocky
    47 mins Ottoman vs Portuguese Falconet bombard cav archer petard excellent economy
    23-mins-Ottoman-vs-Russia-Deccan-Veteran-Hussar-Veteran-Cav-Archer-Falconet-Petard — ImgBB

To get access to Cavalry archer and cannon, I usually go directly to Fortress age, usually by sending food and coin resources crates as soon as I reach Colonial age. To train cavalry archer and hussar we need food resources, so we have to think where we are going to get the resources from. Since Cavalry and cannon also consumes a lot of population slot with 2 population slot for each cavalry and 5 population slot for falconet, not using Ottoman 99 settlers is advisable. I usually only use 70 max so that I can save the rest for military. In the game, my settler population may be only max 45. Since we play under settler population, factory cards are useful to boost the economy. The drawback of this strategy is probably at weak economy at late game, that we have to anticipate to heavily rely on limited factories, not on settler, so when the opponent manage to destroy factories, we are getting weak economically, so it would be a good idea to defend factories with wall.
    Nice strategies, play any other SG?

For the cat is cryptic,

MBTI
    LGBT

For the cat is cryptic,