User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I took my first practice GRE thus week. Got 55th percentile on quantitative reasoning and 95th on verbal. Its a stunning difference from what I got on standardized tests when I was young. I always did the best on math and reading/language were my worst scores. I think as an adultt, reading comprehension is something you practice constantly. My tutor says I should not do anything to prepare for verbal at the moment and relearn all that middle school math, algebra and geometry which I have long forgotten. It is coming back bit by bit.... He also said I'm unusually motivated .
    Likes Abcdenfp, SearchingforPeace, Tilt liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I took my first practice GRE thus week. Got 55th percentile on quantitative reasoning and 95th on verbal. Its a stunning difference from what I got on standardized tests when I was young. I always did the best on math and reading/language were my worst scores. I think as an adultt, reading comprehension is something you practice constantly. My tutor says I should not do anything to prepare for verbal at the moment and relearn all that middle school math, algebra and geometry which I have long forgotten. It is coming back bit by bit.... He also said I'm unusually motivated .
    I am also studying for the GRE. I am hoping to go to school to study how trauma affects personality development.
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    I am also studying for the GRE. I am hoping to go to school to study how trauma affects personality development.
    Cool! What are you doing to prepare? For me, its almost become like a job since I don't have much to do at work anymore.
    Likes Tilt liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Cool! What are you doing to prepare? For me, its almist become luke a job since I don't have much to do at work anymore.
    I have some old math textbooks and solutions manuals that I am working through. The Wolfram alpha site (free or paid) can also be useful to show step-by-step directions on how to solve problems.

Also, for the psychology GRE, I am just reading through a couple intro to psych textbooks.