First 11192021

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Also, I'm having the itch to DPS on a Rogue but it seems none of the specs are in a particularly good place right now in terms of damage output. I wonder what changes patch 9.1 will bring to remedy this. I hit 35 last night on my void elf Rogue, yet am struggling to stay motivated throughout.
    Not sure. Early out of the game for Shadowlands, Subtlety was peaking which was a nice change. Outlaw was operating in the middle somewhere, Assassination was doing badly -- but then apparently very recent changes have improved the latter significantly at least for raiding.

My horde rogue is level 53 and I will take her to 60 first before moving to any other characters... I like being able to open boxes. But will I play her much after? I dunno. I don't think any rogue is at the top of raid right now, but it keeps changing. Mythic is a little different.

I was going to develop a fire mage because everyone loved frost... and now it looks like Fire is doing very well. Also, Balance Druids, Marksman Hunter still, Shadow Priest, etc.

I don't really enjoy my DH as much as I did in BFA. I loved it because it felt "off the rails" -- the faster you could go, the crazier things got in a good way. But now it still feels like I'm fighting through molasses. meh. Everything is toned back.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

I'm regretting my decision to have my main Alliance side. I have a full set of level 50 Horde characters, plus everyone I usually play with is on Horde side.

@Totenkindly

Rogues aren't topping any meters, and haven't been for some time now. Kinda hard to justify bringing them nowadays in raids (they still have good viability in mythics for their utility).

Demon Hunters don't seem nearly as uber OP as they did even I. BFA. I HATE healing them in higher level Mythic keys as tanks because they're squishy as hell, yet I see so many of them.

I'm very interested to see what class balance changes will be coming in the upcoming patch. Rogues need major pve TLC. I'd like BM for Hunters to at least be somewhat competitive again. Arcane probably needs love, too. Fury Warriors as well need some help (they did last expansion as well towards the end).
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow, another weekend of Timewalking -- BC this time. I don't usually see then back to back, and there's also a battleground skirmish. iLVL 200 items available!

Hippogriff hatching is today in Feralas, but I don't think you can get anything from the event other than five days of a hatching on your shoulder.

Timewalking again already??
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, here's a semi-big deal:

To complete the Awake the Drakes achievement from TBC, you need the Purple Netherwing Drake, which you can get when you hit Exalted for the Netherwing Clan rep down in the SE corner of Shadowmoon Valley.

normally this is a chore, grinding rep. I did grind this, once, and it was tedious.

But this week is the Timewalking Event (TBC), which only comes along every 5-6 months, so you get 50% extra rep for any quests/dungeons you do, etc.

Now, this is the "big deal" part -- there's an 8-quest introduction to get access to Netherwing, that takes about 30 minutes to do if you're on a current-level character. When you complete it, the game immediately gives you 42K of reputation to bring you to NEUTRAL, which still leaves a grind through Exalted. At least that is how it normally works.

Except for this week only. You get 50% rep bonus. Which means the game dings you with 63K rep instead (21K free rep!), which instead of positioning you at Neutral and needing to do all the rep grind, you start at Revered. (3K to hit Friendly, 6K to hit Honored, 12K to hit Revered = 21K, yup). Which leaves "just" 21K to hit Exalted. I know to be true... because I just did it... and couldn't figure out why, and then I realized because of how they programmed it (it's 'giving you rep'), it is inadvertently picking up the 21K bonus.

Even the 21K grind this week is pretty easy. Considering that I just did all the dailies possible for this tonight and already am hitting about 9K (because you're getting 50% bonus rep on every TBC quest)... I should hit exalted by the weekend.

The first quest to open this is "Kindness" and it's granted by a wandering blood elf in the SE corner of Shadowmoon Valley, in the plains to the NW of Dragonmaw Keep. Even if you don't feel like completing from Revered to Exalted, it's worth it for 21K free rep just to do the 30-40 min eight-quest chain, if you want to complete this in the future.

it's probably worth seeing what reps exist in Wow where you are granted a huge "rep up" bonus to bring you to neutral, and then complete that chain during a TW week if you haven't already done it. That is a huge time savings for rep grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Timewalking again already??
    Yeah, I am wondering if they gave us a freebie to tie into the announcement of TBC Classic rolling out...

I did one dungeon on my shadow priest and it ended up being Black Morass. Meh. I did kick butt for DPS once I got my sequences down, but that is such a tedious dungeon.