First 12

Senior Member Officer Ed Powell's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

I use a Korg microkey (49). It’s a really simple design but it’s perfect for me. It’s more keys than the last midi keyboard I was using so I can play more parts simultaneously instead of having to constantly record the lower notes separate from the higher notes.
    chaotic good.

fuck around and find out.
    Likes Powehi liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Powehi View Post
    The next generation of keyboard instruments. This is kinda awesome actually.

Seaboard: The Future Of The Keyboard | ROLI
    This is my first time hearing about a Seaboard. I've been disconnected from the music industry for a while now. I figured "No way Jordan Rudess would miss this beast".

Here he is explaining meticulously all the delicious details about this instrument. I'm enamored with it to say the least.

الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Now I can't stop thinking about the Seaboard Grand which costs $3500. I do have a great electronic piano - a Roland FP-50 that I got on sale at Musicians' Friend a couple of years ago. It does not have a USB output, but MIDI output and I have that audio interface, so I am planning to record all my song accompaniment tracks with it. However, the Seaboard Grand would really fit with my spooky, spacey, transcendental love songs.

Here's a hardware question. To get the actual sounds and timbres from a keyboard like the Seaboard Grand, is there really no way to send a direct wave (non-MIDI) signal of high quality directly into the computer? I've been basing all my home studio assumptions on that possibility, but you can really only directly input MIDI, so the sound capability of the input instrument is a moot point, really truly?
    bunny omi

"Powehi means “the adorned fathomless dark creation” or “embellished dark source of unending creation” and comes from the Kumulipo, an 18th century Hawaiian creation chant. A Hawaiian name given to the very first scientific confirmation of a black hole."

Senior Member Officer Ed Powell's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

I think Hans Zimmer uses a seaboard as well. Or something similar.
    chaotic good.

fuck around and find out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

What do you think of this mic compared to others around $100? In my case for vocal and acoustic recording. @Fidelia is this the one you were telling me about?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Is that the snowball? I have an older model of it and it makes nice recordings. I haven't used it much but my sister recorded a whole CD with one and it sounded excellent.