User Tag List

First 234

Edit: I'm thinking so if I exclude relationships where there was just the consideration that it would be deep later, and only taking into account the ones that I did view as deep, i.e. Inclusion cannot play as much a role anymore in them, then Melancholy shows more, but I still do go to Choleric when needed, in those relationships. It does feel like it's secondary in some way though.... Even if I hate the thought of this for some reason LOL. ... That's weird either way. I like this temperament stuff, it's making me consider this issue now. I feel like I'm going to have to realise something there for myself. So anyway, yeah, CPCCMPC it is then, with modified theory. : p

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    927 so/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Si

Quote Originally Posted by Meowcat View Post
    Actually there's two things that don't fit Melancholy here. 1) I don't consciously believe in having to spare energy in relationships. What I believe in is that most relationships are not to be deep. Only the few select special relationships should have that. (But not by indulging deep feelz too much, see more below.) 2) I'm not loyal enough to stick around when the other person tries to fuck with me too much. My Choleric wins out at that point. I'm not loyal for the sake of loyalty / l'art pour l'art. Maybe it's just that I'm not totally Melancholy like someone I know is, but it's like she only leaves when the other person really has taken advantage of them to a point I would never allow that to happen. And then when she left, she left silently. If I leave, I don't leave silently. I punish the other person first.
    That's likely it, Melancholy Phlegmatics generally spare energy in most relationships, it's only the deepest relationships where they will become really involved.

And if you punish and leave them, that might simply be your Choleric Compulsive in Control kicking in, getting upset about the power imbalance in the relationship.

I don't mind this, as far as I don't think I'm 100% Choleric in everything, lol.
    Yeah, most people aren't 100% one temperament in everything . Usually people are a blend, and even if not, they almost certainly will not score 100% in any of the temperaments.

Thanks for the info.
    No problem !

The thing is I throw up at the thought of dealing with deep feelings in that way. I don't like them, they make me nonfunctional. This advice is very wrong advice for me. The advice that works for me regarding deep feelz is how to stay on the surface and how to stay angry enough and not be won over by deep feelz - which is when I am functional. Yes I think I'm too shallow for a true Melancholy lol.
    It's talking about deep relationships, where you really love and trust the person. The closest relationships you have. So it's giving you advice to share your locked-up deep feelings for them, so that the other person can understand. It is very rare to see someone's Affection side, and you have to spend a whole lot of time with them to see it, they have to really open up with you.

I don't know if Melancholy Phlegmatic explains that but this has got an obvious Choleric component too ....

Modify the theory to allow for that, and then I can be:

Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Choleric Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCCMP)

Or, if just going by the tests, Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic Choleric (CPCCMPC)

Because Choleric in Affection did lose by 1% to Melancholy Phlegmatic (77% vs 78%) and I can accept either order really, not really clear on which one is "more right". And this one kinda is a funny play as it fits all 3 in Affection: Melancholy Phlegmatic, Choleric and Phlegmatic Choleric, lol.

Lol, what do you say?
    Well actually, since the temperaments (Melancholy Phlegmatic, Choleric, and Phlegmatic Choleric included) are actually delineations on a map, you technically can't be two different locations at once , your expressive/responsive score would end you up somewhere inside one of the temperament’s borders. I've realized why we're confused, it's because you're seeing the temperaments from the other areas of interaction at play (Choleric Phlegmatic in Inclusion and Choleric Compulsive in Control). For example, at first, when the relationship just gets started, you appear to be warm but you don't have many feelings at first and are more uninvolved (Choleric Phlegmatic), but when you get deeper into the relationship, you fight more for control of the relationship (Choleric Compulsive), and then finally, when you open up to them at your fullest, you become loyal to the relationship (Melancholy Phlegmatic). However, if you feel abused, you can regress back to Control and kick in your Choleric Compulsive to call them out & leave. So Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCMP) it is !

Edit: I'm thinking so if I exclude relationships where there was just the consideration that it would be deep later, and only taking into account the ones that I did view as deep, i.e. Inclusion cannot play as much a role anymore in them, then Melancholy shows more, but I still do go to Choleric when needed, in those relationships. It does feel like it's secondary in some way though.... Even if I hate the thought of this for some reason LOL. ... That's weird either way. I like this temperament stuff, it's making me consider this issue now. I feel like I'm going to have to realise something there for myself. So anyway, yeah, CPCCMPC it is then, with modified theory. : p
    That's kicking back and forth between your Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection and Choleric Compulsive in Control. It has been explained (here: Temperament for Dummies) that "In getting to know a person, (barring their hiding their true personality behind "masks" of "learned behavior"), Inclusion will be the first area you experience. Then, as you deal with the person more, and get into "responsibility" type situations, (including issues involving personal boundaries) you will experience their Control behavior. Finally, if you get into a deep relation with them, you will experience their Affection traits." ! So I think CPCCMP is very accurate for you.
    Last edited by DewyWind; 04-22-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    Four / Five Temperaments: Phlegmatic Sanguine (Phlegmatic Sanguine-Phlegmatic Sanguine-Phlegmatic, PGPGP)
    Enneagram: Tritype 9w1(sw2w1) 2w3(sw4w3) 7w6(sw5w6) so/sx
    Myers-Briggs: ENFP (ENFP-A) | 81 Types: ANFP | DiSC: Steadiness Influence (SI) | 3x3 moral alignment: Lawful Good | 5x5 moral alignment: Rebel Good | Political Compass: -7.13 -9.23 (Anarcho-Collectivism)

Melancholic: 74%
    Supine: 62%
    Choleric: 54%
    Sanguine: 40%
    Phlegmatic: 40%
    It is our duty to create meaning.

If only it were that simple.

Artist/Playboy/Traveller Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Fun test! Here's what I got

Sanguine 74%

You're Sanguine! You are a mischievous, bubbly, charming, happy, joyous, sunny, gregarious, enthusiastic, sociable extrovert who loves to be with people. Of all the temperaments, you're the easiest to be around socially. You're an outgoing, handshaking, touching person. You're the life of the party, bringing life and energy into a room by your very presence. Your cheerfulness and humor brighten everyone's life. You're an optimistic type of person who believes life is an exciting and fun-filled experience that should be lived to the fullest. Inactivity causes you stress since the pace at which you like to live your life is fast and furious. The most impulsive of all the temperaments, you excel in communication-oriented things, but you don't relate well to tasks. You're the least disciplined and organized of all the temperaments. While you're outgoing, enthusiastic, warm, compassionate, and seem to relate well to other people's feelings, you can be rude and uncaring. The reason for this is because you tend not to be a faithful nor loyal friend, since you don't want to be burdened down with commitments; you just want to have fun. You may live as if you have no past or future, rarely learning from your past mistakes. You may never recognize your failures, exaggerating yourself to appear more successful than you truly are. Your major weakness is that you may adopt severe and destructive behavior. You'll volunteer for tasks, completing a project so far as your ego is being fed.

And my other results:

Phlegmatic: 70%
    Choleric: 60%
    Supine: 26%
    Melancholy: 14%
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.

I'm at my most serious when I'm joking
    Likes Luminous liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    That's likely it, Melancholy Phlegmatics generally spare energy in most relationships, it's only the deepest relationships where they will become really involved.
    That's off for me though. I don't spare energy in my relationships. I'm just emotionally distant.

And if you punish and leave them, that might simply be your Choleric Compulsive in Control kicking in, getting upset about the power imbalance in the relationship.
    The problem with this interpretation is that I'm constantly aware of the power balance by default too, it's not just like some last minute thing.

Yeah, most people aren't 100% one temperament in everything . Usually people are a blend, and even if not, they almost certainly will not score 100% in any of the temperaments.
    Yeah, regardless this temperament stuff has got me thinking about some stuff.

It's talking about deep relationships, where you really love and trust the person. The closest relationships you have. So it's giving you advice to share your locked-up deep feelings for them, so that the other person can understand. It is very rare to see someone's Affection side, and you have to spend a whole lot of time with them to see it, they have to really open up with you.
    Yes I understand the affection area is about intimate relationships. I just have this instinctive avoidance of this idea of sharing "locked-up deep feelings". I'm much better with translating emotion into action...

Well actually, since the temperaments (Melancholy Phlegmatic, Choleric, and Phlegmatic Choleric included) are actually delineations on a map, you technically can't be two different locations at once , your expressive/responsive score would end you up somewhere inside one of the temperament’s borders. I've realized why we're confused, it's because you're seeing the temperaments from the other areas of interaction at play (Choleric Phlegmatic in Inclusion and Choleric Compulsive in Control). For example, at first, when the relationship just gets started, you appear to be warm but you don't have many feelings at first and are more uninvolved (Choleric Phlegmatic), but when you get deeper into the relationship, you fight more for control of the relationship (Choleric Compulsive), and then finally, when you open up to them at your fullest, you become loyal to the relationship (Melancholy Phlegmatic). However, if you feel abused, you can regress back to Control and kick in your Choleric Compulsive to call them out & leave. So Choleric Phlegmatic-Choleric Compulsive-Melancholy Phlegmatic (CPCCMP) it is !
    That's a neat theory too and I was thinking about it. But I'm not just loyal and I don't just help with performing duties in the relationships, I do still have the "selfcentered" more energetic side too, without that I'd be too depressed. I do like to dominate in relationships .... There can be power struggles due to that. What do you think?

That's kicking back and forth between your Melancholy Phlegmatic in Affection and Choleric Compulsive in Control. It has been explained (here: Temperament for Dummies) that "In getting to know a person, (barring their hiding their true personality behind "masks" of "learned behavior"), Inclusion will be the first area you experience. Then, as you deal with the person more, and get into "responsibility" type situations, (including issues involving personal boundaries) you will experience their Control behavior. Finally, if you get into a deep relation with them, you will experience their Affection traits." ! So I think CPCCMP is very accurate for you.
    Again, the idea is interesting. With me what people first see is sorta "Phlegmatic" behaviours then Choleric (something like Sanguine too but that may be Choleric sanguine-like mask). Then the Melancholy like thing. And then again Choleric. And that's about where it ends. I.e if people have seen all that then they have seen it all about me.

MBTI
    ZNTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Not very conclusive percentages, but seems close enough

Five Temperaments Test
    Your Result: Phlegmatic

You're Phlegmatic! You are a calm, easygoing, diplomatic mediator who is cool, composed, and collected, not plagued with the emotional outbursts, exaggerated feelings, anger, bitterness, or unforgiveness typical of the other temperaments. You're peaceful, agreeable, well balanced, stoic, happily reconciled to life, and realistic in demands for love and affection. You're easy to get along with, pleasant, and enjoyable. You're an indifferent observer, who does not get involved nor expend much energy. You have no fear of rejection, and can handle unaffectionate and hostile people. You can function quite well in a hostile social setting, as nothing ruffles your feathers. You're very practical and peace-loving, you're a good peacemaker and arbitrator. You're known for your poker face and dry humour, accompanied by your deadpan delivery, you can be sarcastic and teasing. Because of your tendency to uninvolvement, you're a natural negotiator and diplomat. You have great administrative ability, and you're good under pressure. You often have a blank expression with half-closed eyes and speak in a deadpan and monotone voice. In situations, you're often neutral, moderate, apathetic, complacent, noncommittal, and emotionless, giving only a blank stare, with your low energy drive not pushing you either way, causing you to be stubborn, lazy, and careless, needing sleep to regenerate yourself. You have a great capacity for work requiring precision and accuracy, and expending minimal energy.
    Result Breakdown:
    58% Phlegmatic
    50% Sanguine
    44% Supine
    42% Choleric
    36% Melancholy

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz
    It's a TRAP! (TypeC Revolution and Promotion) https://www.typologycentral.com/foru...5581-trap.html

Current blog: https://www.typologycentral.com/foru...unas-blog.html

--------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    964 sx/so

66% Phlegmatic
    64%Melancholy
    60%Supine
    42%Sanguine
    28%Choleric
    INFP | Phlegmatic/Melancholic | Enneagram 964 | Ravenclaw