User Tag List

First 4121314

Thread: Coronavirus

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Well does anyone have any data on mortality rate outside of China? I’m assuming first world countries will be applying expensive treatments early in the illness etc. that a country with far more cases can’t afford so lethality should be lower but it would give an idea of the “minimum death rate” at least. In any case I don’t think China is necessarily lying about the death rate (much) as that would be a stupid thing to try and hide. I am convinced that they are lying about the number of infected and total deaths though. They’re a communist dictatorship for Pete’s sake - there’s hardly a more morally bankrupt form of government.

They really don't have to lie about anything. If someone gets sick you just place them in front of a firing squad and that is it. Technically the person didn't die from the virus.

Actually in my part of the world you have people that are like "Damn, not even Communism is what it used to be :sarcasm:".

:second world "humor":
    Likes EcK liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    They really don't have to lie about anything.
    U.S. drug supply. It shouldn't surprise you I'd bring up the issue again - dependence on China. Quality control and lack of FDA oversight is shit over there, and has been for years. This will only exacerbate the problem. And while the Corona may wind down at some point, it still doesn't change the underlying problem that has long been swept under the rug. What this should do is serve as a wakeup call to those whistling past the graveyard and do something about the problem rather than sitting on their fat asses.

Coronavirus tests U.S. medical system's unhealthy reliance on China for drugs
    Let it rip.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    U.S. drug supply. It shouldn't surprise you I'd bring up the issue again - dependence on China. Quality control and lack of FDA oversight is shit over there, and has been for years. This will only exacerbate the problem. And while the Corona may wind down at some point, it still doesn't change the underlying problem that has long been swept under the rug. What this should do is serve as a wakeup call to those whistling past the graveyard and do something about the problem rather than sitting on their fat asses.

Coronavirus tests U.S. medical system's unhealthy reliance on China for drugs

I was just "joking" with my post. I mean we talked about this and I told you that I am fully for the idea that USA makes it's own drugs. To me this is just common sense.
    Therefore I presume we ok here.
    Likes EcK liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I was just "joking" with my post. I mean we talked about this and I told you that I am fully for the idea that USA makes it's own drugs. To me this is just common sense.
    Therefore I presume we ok here.
    I know you were joking, but that was in my head at the time. Besides, the post's link wasn't meant for only you.
    Let it rip.