First 303353393401402403

Results 4,021 to 4,023 of 4023

Thread: Coronavirus

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yeah the new right wing talking points revolve around women miscarrying/having stillbirths/causing infertility so getting this out there is important.

Of course they will say that, if vaccine ends this pandemic madness the anti-vaccine movement will be in problems (as well as some politicians).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

My dad was finally able to get his first Pfizer shot today at Rite Aid. I'm scheduled for May 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    India: +275 300
    I was kind of baffled that India hadn't been hit hard already. Considering it's a country with a billion people - many of whom are tightly packed and in poor living conditions - I was expecting devastation early on. But somehow they made it through the first year of the pandemic without things getting too out of control.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"There now, that wasn't so good, was it?" - Leonard Pinth-Garnell

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I was kind of baffled that India hadn't been hit hard already. Considering it's a country with a billion people - many of whom are tightly packed and in poor living conditions - I was expecting devastation early on. But somehow they made it through the first year of the pandemic without things getting too out of control.

It is quite simple in the bottom line. US has done 1 300 000 tests on million people, while India did barely 200 000 on million people (and a good chunk of that was done recently). Also we must not forget that half of the country is younger than 25. While they have tropical climate that eases the problem. Plus they have a number of constant health hazards going on due to underdevelopment, therefore this really wasn't some grand game changer for them.