Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 3900

Thread: Coronavirus

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Thought:

If one rejects Russian or Chinese vaccine does that technically make you anti-vaxxer of some sort ?
    Probably not. Same reason one would say, reject Chinese electronics / prefer electronics that weren't made there, not meaning that the individual is anti that product. Personally, I just want a higher assurance on quality and safety. Rejecting a lack of it isn't rejecting the vaccine itself.
    星の輝く

The stars, they have gathered here before us.
    Likes Vendrah liked this post

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram

Thought:

If one rejects Russian or Chinese vaccine does that technically make you anti-vaxxer of some sort ?
    Well, you know, you guys on developed countries (although you should not be on that count) does get the better vaccines while the 3rd world got the worse ones. I wish to avoid the chinese because statistically it is the least efficient, that is not true about the russian one. I would wish a PFizer but I will probably get a chinese one sadly and risk to have post-COVID effects because the chinese ones only decreases 50% of chance of actually getting it (although it reduces the chances of you dying a lot more than that). I don't think that makes me an anti-vax and if I were on developed countries with choice I would not like to take it, but I will probably take it because it will be "either this or be vaccined 1-2 years later or nothing", which is sad =(.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    Well, you know, you guys on developed countries (although you should not be on that count) does get the better vaccines while the 3rd world got the worse ones. I wish to avoid the chinese because statistically it is the least efficient, that is not true about the russian one. I would wish a PFizer but I will probably get a chinese one sadly and risk to have post-COVID effects because the chinese ones only decreases 50% of chance of actually getting it (although it reduces the chances of you dying a lot more than that). I don't think that makes me an anti-vax and if I were on developed countries with choice I would not like to take it, but I will probably take it because it will be "either this or be vaccined 1-2 years later or nothing", which is sad =(.

Well in this divide of the world I am kinda in not too well defined area (am basically one and a half worlder). I mean there are increasing chances that I will end up with the Russian one so that got me thinking. Plus if the pandemic is dying out even without mass vaccines and I am not vulnerable ... I will see. But just maybe skipping or waiting for different option may not be that bad idea.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram

Well in this divide of the world I am kinda in not too well defined area (am basically one and a half worlder). I mean there are increasing chances that I will end up with the Russian one so that got me thinking. Plus if the pandemic is dying out even without mass vaccines and I am not vulnerable ... I will see. But just maybe skipping or waiting for different option may not be that bad idea.
    Statistically speaking, even though the tests are lower, the Russian is a better one.
    If it is a month or two of extra waiting, taking a better one is worth it... But if it is a year or two, then it might not.
    And when it is government administered, for most governments we kind of do not choose... You know, they just say it is a COVID vaccine, take it.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    Statistically speaking, even though the tests are lower, the Russian is a better one.
    If it is a month or two of extra waiting, taking a better one is worth it... But if it is a year or two, then it might not.
    And when it is government administered, for most governments we kind of do not choose... You know, they just say it is a COVID vaccine, take it.

Well the problem with all the vaccines from the openly totalitarian countries is: are the doses you are taking identical to the ones on which the study was made.
    Plus last year we ended the pandemic here, but we got it again from abroad. Therefore if all those countries around clean up their mess this year this could work for good (we have only 2000 active known cases). I mean here you can reject the vaccine if you don't trust the producer. In general I don't have a problem at all with the vaccines, but this "Russian miracle" that they are trying to export more than giving the locals is indeed kinda fishy offer. Here for months the media were slamming that vaccine and now since some CEOs mess up the continent's vaccine supply the Russian one is suddenly ok alternative.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram

Well the problem with all the vaccines from the openly totalitarian countries is: are the doses you are taking identical to the ones on which the study was made.
    Plus last year we ended the pandemic here, but we got it again from abroad. Therefore if all those countries around clean up their mess this year this could work for good (we have only 2000 active known cases). I mean here you can reject the vaccine if you don't trust the producer. In general I don't have a problem at all with the vaccines, but this "Russian miracle" that they are trying to export more than giving the locals is indeed kinda fishy offer. Here for months the media were slamming that vaccine and now since some CEOs mess up the continent's vaccine supply the Russian one is suddenly ok alternative.
    Well, in my own case it is either that vaccine that has been offered or nothing and I am young so it is even going to take a while.

Vaccine is slow here, partially because there are some "good" bunch of psychopaths and narcissists here, bolsonaro included. Only about 2.5% of population has been vaccinated so far.

Wake me after the woke go to sleep.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 so/sp

Worldometer

It seems that globally we are still advancing towards 0 new infections.

The headline in The Australian Newspaper is 500,000 Americans dead, while at the same time we are passing out of the shadow of the corona virus.

It is like a punch in the belly, it is a shock, it makes us angry and unbearably sad.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

‘Held to ransom’: Pfizer demands governments gamble with state assets to secure vaccine deal — The Bureau of Investigative Journalism

Pfizer has been accused of “bullying” Latin American governments in Covid vaccine negotiations and has asked some countries to put up sovereign assets, such as embassy buildings and military bases, as a guarantee against the cost of any future legal cases, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism can reveal.

In the case of one country, demands made by the pharmaceutical giant led to a three-month delay in a vaccine deal being agreed. For Argentina and Brazil, no national deals were agreed at all. Any hold-up in countries receiving vaccines means more people contracting Covid-19 and potentially dying.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.