TRSH None

Give me clarity

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

Right wing conservatism undermines family values and personal liberty. Prove me wrong, and not by using a whataboutism like “the libs are just as bad”. I’m not arguing for liberalism, just against right wing reactionary conservatism
    Give me clarity
    Likes ceecee liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

Trump, the ultimate corporatist, may best represent how much the American version of conservatism (which isn’t at all real conservatism) is at odds with family and community.
    Give me clarity

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And here we were wondering how Roberts would shake out:
    Supreme Court Strikes Down Louisiana Abortion Restrictions - The New York Times

Roberts said he thought the court was wrong to strike down the Texas law, but he voted with the majority because that was binding precedent. "The Louisiana law imposes a burden on access to abortion just as severe as that imposed by the Texas law, for the same reasons. Therefore Louisiana's law cannot stand under our precedents."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    And here we were wondering how Roberts would shake out:
    Supreme Court Strikes Down Louisiana Abortion Restrictions - The New York Times
    Is John Roberts the new Earl Warren?
    Give me clarity

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Ed Powell View Post
    Is John Roberts the new Earl Warren?
    What I see in the recent slew of rulings [with a court viewed from the outside as politically polarized] is an attempt to maintain court precedent under his watch. (The gay/trans ruling was another that many of the federal courts had previously issued and was a court precedent even if SCOTUS hadn't weighed in.)

He didn't say Trump couldn't change DACA, he just confirmed he hadn't yet lived up to the low bar established previously that Trump was supposed to cross.

He didn't vote for the Texas ruling last time and he didn't join the majority writeup this time, but by god he's gonna keep it consistent...

i.e., he's assume a role in trying to ensure the court is still considered legitimate.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Officer Ed Powell liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    What I see in the recent slew of rulings [with a court viewed from the outside as politically polarized] is an attempt to maintain court precedent under his watch. (The gay/trans ruling was another that many of the federal courts had previously issued and was a court precedent even if SCOTUS hadn't weighed in.)

He didn't say Trump couldn't change DACA, he just confirmed he hadn't yet lived up to the low bar established previously that Trump was supposed to cross.

He didn't vote for the Texas ruling last time and he didn't join the majority writeup this time, but by god he's gonna keep it consistent...

i.e., he's assume a role in trying to ensure the court is still considered legitimate.
    So in the least, he's doing his job as it was intended.
    Give me clarity

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

Give me clarity

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Americans Want More, Not Less, Immigration for First Time

Support for increased immigration is at historic highs this year among both Democrats and political independents. Republicans' views on increasing immigration have not changed much over the past decade. The rise among Democrats and independents coincides with a period of time when Republican leadership has attempted to limit immigration via physical barriers or changes to visa restrictions and de jure bans of immigrants from over 10 countries.
    So yet another poll that shows America is sick of the GOP's shit.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Another potential pandemic from China? Seriously? Holy shit, it's the end of the world. Time to nuke China.

Or build bigger walls around China if Trump gets re-elected.
    PHOENIX
    “But the worst enemy you can meet will always be yourself. ... You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame: how could you become new, if you had not first become ashes?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche