First 9171819

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Simple: Realize that 'the media' is made up of millions of different, often independent entities with individual ideological bents. Thinking of all of them as though they were one and orchestrated by some higher power is a form of simplemindedness often mistaken for cleverness by people who enjoy conspiracy theories.

Sure, there is plenty wrong with US news reporting across almost the entire spectrum, but some sources are much worse than others. Your job is to find the better ones and to stop listening to Fox News.
    I just implied I do not watch the media, yet you still try to paint me as someone who watches fox news lmao.

Amd no, what I meant is how can anyone watch the news, which apart from the weather, is usually negative, intentionally worry some, filled to the brim with narratives to affect your emotions (gas lighting essentially). Its seriously a mental health hazard, and their business model supports it. Everyone I know who follows politics eventually succumbs to some form of existential nihilism, or depression.
    1w9 5w4 4w5
    Omni-variant

Excerpt:

The issue popped up again last week when Sen. Kamala Harris said during a CNN climate town hall that she once sued Exxon Mobil. A fact-checker at the network rightly pointed out that she only investigated Exxon, while suing other oil companies. Harris’s campaign responded not by challenging the point of fact, but fact-checking itself in the Trump era.

“Trump spent the morning potentially illegally teasing out jobs numbers and lying about a massive hurricane's trajectory, but sure, let's spend our time on whether, as Attorney General, Kamala ‘sued’ vs. ‘investigated’ Exxon,” Ian Sams, her press secretary, wrote. “When parsing word choice is given the same treatment as intentional lies. . . it blurs the very lines ‘fact checkers’ are supposed to help keep drawn.”
    Yes, I know Trump is a pathological liar and should be kicked to the curb as soon as possible. However, according to the article, Harris's campaign is whining for being fact-checked in an era where we have a Liar-in-Chief. If Harris didn't sue Exxon, then someone needs to tell her to cut the shit and stop saying she did. Suing is taking action against someone, investigating is merely gathering information. To equate the two is laughable, as is her campaign's whining about it. If anything, people running against Trump should be almost to the point of obsessive regarding the facts in order to hold oneself up in stark contrast. I have no sympathy for Harris - she needs to step up to the plate and do better.
    Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Anyone got the current ranking?

I'm already calling Biden and Warren at the top, because they are puppets. Sanders isn't going to get the nomination. He will pass the Baton again, probably to Warren since she didn't have an exploding eyeball lol. Yang memes can only carry him so far. I'm glad Kolbuchar is gaining some attention. I think that was the chick I liked. I didn't watch the "debates" as they are a shitshow normally. I will watch them when its down to 5.
    1w9 5w4 4w5
    Omni-variant

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Can we all agree that Kamala Harris is done? Stick a fork in her. Dems, especially black voters, do not like her because she was a proscecutor. It's the same with Mayor Pete; he has 0% approval among black voters. This is now a race between Biden/Crazy Bernie/Pochontas unless Oprah or Michelle steps in to save the day.

I didn't watch the last Dem debate because Marianne Williamson was absent and she's the only interesting one among the bunch.
    Fact checkers find that Tellenbach is right 99.98% of the time on Mondays between 2:00 am and 2:01 am and 100% accurate when he's sitting on the toilet at all times.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post