User Tag List

First 3111213

Results 121 to 126 of 126

  1. #121
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    24,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    You say neutral ground? I propose that sort of fence sitting is part of the problem.

    If neutral ground actually worked, why were you the only one to propose it? The vast majority of reactionary posts from otherwise intelligent posters outright rejected that proposition. They reacted in a way that my OP accused them of THOTTery. Read the OP again, I said nothing of the sort, yet their conscience convicted the majority of the girls to react in a hostile way, and the majority of boys to react with dismissive pandering when I wasn't even talking to anyone in particular (besides other Christians). Maybe if it was more of a "THOT Appreciation Thread" the market would've liked it better? (, but I prefer operating in niche' markets) I wouldn't say neutral ground is the rule, rather the exception. In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, we call this reactionary behavior "Being a spazz."

    So, we discuss this on neutral ground: There's a problem we both see - I say it's a metaphysical problem. You say it's a psychological problem (from what I gather). I said psychology has been lobbing pills at people for the better part of two decades, with worsening results. I say again, that it's a metaphysical problem with physical (psychological) symptoms, you suggest we get back to neutral ground on the behest of ceecee (who obviously isn't paying attention, as you pointed out), and now we're here.

    Are you wanting to approach this purely from the psychological? The videos call it Somatic Narcissism. Now, what causes it? Do you propose further psychological issues? Then, what caused them? and so on. The proposition was that these are all symptoms of an underlying spiritual issue: God is dead. The foundation of all being. You might've read about a certain parable of building a house on Rock or sand:

    Do houses sit atop fences? Neither, are subjects tackled from "neutral ground." We all bring our own presuppositions to the fore. Even in science. Coriolis, for example is Baha'i, so she presupposes metaphysical questions through the worldview of "gradual revelation" and "manifestations of God" etc. Out of curiosity, is "Neutral Ground" your worldview?
    I don't have time to pick through all of this, but will make a few quick points. First, I am not Baha'i; you have assumed incorrectly. Second, what do you mean by "neutral ground", and who here is proposing it? Finally, you are correct that some of the classical scientists approached scientific inquiry as one way to learn more about God, by studying his creation. I have compared this to learning about an artist, author, or composer by studying his/her works. The nature of that process of scientific inquiry does not change, just because some flawed humans are willing to pervert or ignore it for selfish ends.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  2. #122
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't have time to pick through all of this, but will make a few quick points. First, I am not Baha'i; you have assumed incorrectly. Second, what do you mean by "neutral ground", and who here is proposing it? Finally, you are correct that some of the classical scientists approached scientific inquiry as one way to learn more about God, by studying his creation. I have compared this to learning about an artist, author, or composer by studying his/her works. The nature of that process of scientific inquiry does not change, just because some flawed humans are willing to pervert or ignore it for selfish ends.
    Look at that, you quoted the exact portion of the post I edited out due to it's clunkiness. I could've sworn you told me you were Baha'i in the past. I'll look for the post. I'm assuming "neutral ground" is the no man's land between Metaphysics and Physics? Or it could be Swaziland.
    χρήστος ανέστη


  3. #123
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    24,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    Look at that, you quoted the exact portion of the post I edited out due to it's clunkiness. I could've sworn you told me you were Baha'i in the past. I'll look for the post. I'm assuming "neutral ground" is the no man's land between Metaphysics and Physics? Or it could be Swaziland.
    I referenced some elements of Baha'i faith, but that does not make me Baha'i. Look all you want, but it won't change that.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #124
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I referenced some elements of Baha'i faith, but that does not make me Baha'i. Look all you want, but it won't change that.
    So, I’m mistaken.

    Finally, you are correct that some of the classical scientists approached scientific inquiry as one way to learn more about God, by studying his creation. I have compared this to learning about an artist, author, or composer by studying his/her works. The nature of that process of scientific inquiry does not change, just because some flawed humans are willing to pervert or ignore it for selfish ends.
    Bingo.
    χρήστος ανέστη


  5. #125
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    I deserve the name calling for I am a sinner. The worst one of all.
    That claim is HIGHLY unlikely to be a truthful one...
    the lone star flies alone

  6. #126
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    That claim is HIGHLY unlikely to be a truthful one...
    Thank you for your vote of confidence.

    Prelest - Wikipedia
    χρήστος ανέστη


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO