User Tag List

First 9171819

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    I did read only the 2 pages and barely the last, but... If "secular leftism" is a religion, then "secular rightism" is as well, we can speak of secular capitalism, secular communism, secular democratism, secular republicanism, secular fascism, etc... and treat all of these as a religion as well, using the same transformation that anticlimatic used on the first post. We cant speak of secular neoliberalism as a religion because it isnt old enough to have the secular label on it, though we can speak neoliberalism as a religion similarly as well. I dont even have much idea of people are talking about here, "leftism is a religion and blah blah blah"? Whatever...
    Thank you for this eloquent and thought provoking contribution to the thread. I'll be mediating on it for months to come.

heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    I did read only the 2 pages and barely the last, but...

If "secular leftism" is a religion, then "secular rightism" is as well, we can speak of secular capitalism, secular communism, secular democratism, secular republicanism, secular fascism, etc... and treat all of these as a religion as well, using the same transformation that anticlimatic used on the first post. We cant speak of secular neoliberalism as a religion because it isnt old enough to have the secular label on it, though we can speak neoliberalism as a religion similarly as well.

I dont even have much idea of people are talking about here, "leftism is a religion and blah blah blah"? Whatever...
    Well, yes, you're correct, but that's not in keeping with the actual point of this thread. The goal is not actually analyzing belief systems, but rather punditry. In short, it's a long winded way of saying "Boy, those guys that believe in things different from what I believe in sure are dumb. They can't believe in the things that are true like me. They have to believe in the things that are false. "
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi