First 123

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hellena Handbasket View Post
    Its not being known, so much as being accepted. Him loving me fully for who I am and the feeling that I can be totally open and honest and myself with him.
    it is hard for me to take acceptance seriously if the person doesn't know what they're accepting... if i ask a three year old if they want a knuckle sandwich, their acquiesce isn't something that should be taken seriously... if a person says "i love you just the way you are", it doesn't mean shit unless they actually know who you are...

sure, being accepted is a best case scenario after being understood, but you can't have a genuine/meaningful version of it without that foundation to build on...
    " 'Cause life's a game, life's a joke
    Fuck it, why not go for broke?
    Trade in all your chips and learn how to be free
    Why abstain? Why jump in line?
    We're all living on borrowed time
    So do what you like
    And we'll like what you do when you do it
    And if they don't that's fine
    Fuck 'em!"
    Likes Luminous, ayoitsStepho liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Of course people shouldn't start out accepting everything that comes their way, no questions asked. That would be weird and a major red flag.

But it does take time to build that foundation of trust where you can start sharing yourself with somebody without worrying that you'll get rejected or embarrassed for being who you are. It's not about knowing somebody else on that mystical deeper level the OP seemed to suggest, you don't even have to go that deep to appreciate and accept a person.

Your partner doesn't have to like everything about you and expecting that is immature, but if they can't accept the idiosyncrasies that make a person, then there isn't much of a foundation to build on anyway.