User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9?? sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Default Tinnitus/triggering tinnitus

I’ve had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. It’s usually tolerable. I’ve always compared it to a high pitched electrical hum. These last few days, though, it’s been almost unbearable- especially as I’m trying to sleep and can’t distract myself.
    Last year, by accident, I discovered I can trigger the exact same sound and I’ve always wondered if others can. My kids can’t.
    Keeping your tongue flat, in your mouth, press it firmly against the roof of your mouth. Use the entire tongue, not just the tip. I also get the sound if I swallow forcefully (but notice my tongue is pressed in a similar way).

I’ve been trying to duplicate the sound in Garage band... then realized I can’t upload it from the iPad lol. I found an online piano. The closest I can get is C8 on an electric keyboard. https://www.apronus.com/music/flashpiano.htm
    The sound is constant, though it sometimes gently pulsates.

Does anyone else have tinnitus? Can you trigger it? Is it higher or lower; constant or random? How do you find peace from it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    I’ve had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. It’s usually tolerable. I’ve always compared it to a high pitched electrical hum. These last few days, though, it’s been almost unbearable- especially as I’m trying to sleep and can’t distract myself.
    Last year, by accident, I discovered I can trigger the exact same sound and I’ve always wondered if others can. My kids can’t.
    Keeping your tongue flat, in your mouth, press it firmly against the roof of your mouth. Use the entire tongue, not just the tip. I also get the sound if I swallow forcefully (but notice my tongue is pressed in a similar way).

I’ve been trying to duplicate the sound in Garage band... then realized I can’t upload it from the iPad lol. I found an online piano. The closest I can get is C8 on an electric keyboard. https://www.apronus.com/music/flashpiano.htm
    The sound is constant, though it sometimes gently pulsates.

Does anyone else have tinnitus? Can you trigger it? Is it higher or lower; constant or random? How do you find peace from it?
    Yeah, I have it. It's random though. I heard over the counter pain killers can trigger it.
    Omnivariant

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9?? sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Huh... I hadn’t read to about OTCs. I’ll have to look into that. Thank you.
    Funny you should reply now. I was just thinking about this thread because the volume of my tinnitus was insane last night. Even my noisy AC wasn’t drowning it out :O
    It’s not much better now, but I’m sleep deprived which makes me notice all of life’s minor irritants all the more lol