Thread: Misophonia

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    Hehe, I'm going to have to try to find that show @Deprecator . That's how my hubby is when I ramble on and on. Unlike the wife in the show, though, I can pick up on his annoyance.

And yes! Crying babies are one of the worst noises in the world. I surprise people when I say I dislike babies. Give them to me when they're 3-5 and I'm golden. I like being TOLD what the heck is wrong. Though, now that I think about it, I don't know if it's the noise that triggers me or my own incompetence over discerning their needs.
    I guess children in this area are just spoiled-stupid. My friends daughter, at 4 yrs old, just spat up food she didn't like without a word. When you asked " Do you not like it" she made a "Yucky face" and violently shook her head. Of course I get to hear how smart she is every day.

The children who scream in public here are anywhere between 2-12. It's pretty pathetic.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Hehe, at 4 that's pretty par for the course
    Of course, it shouldn't be encouraged though (which also means containing your own giggles or smiles, which make them think their behavior is okay).

Screaming though? If they're outside playing, some of that is okay. As much as I hate the noise, they do need an outlet. But temper tantrums in restaurants or stores? Take their butts outside, please. DEFINITELY don't give in.

One thing that get's on my last nerve, for parents, is when they rough house their kid (playing), but then get insulted, strict and punishing when the kids goes up and pops them. Little kids, especially, have a really hard time knowing when it's okay sometimes but not others.
    And parents who tease their kid and then punish them once they finally have a break down

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

My ex used to manage to make it sound like he was chewing with his mouth open and swishing his food between his teeth while his mouth was really shut.

He literally gave me misophonia like it was fucking herpes and I've never wanted to stab anyone more.
    '“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.

Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.

- look it up yourself

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

If that's what this is, then I've experienced it a great deal. However I think I'm also guilty of making the same noises, so it's a strange hypocrisy.

I've become more numb to it lately however, I have to be. Barking dogs and loud (Bengal) cats are extremely piercing to the ears. But to this day I still cannot sleep without earplugs; every little sound makes me shoot up in bed like I've hit a static shock.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    LSI Se

In challenge lies opportunity.

^ sounds like a goddamn horse eating a carrot.
    It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
    Likes Tater liked this post

I have a teenage neighbor that bounces a damn basketball all of the funking time in the parking lot right outside my bedroom window. I want to shove that funking basketball so far up his ass that they’ll be able to adjust the air pressure through his mouth.

Does that qualify?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

I’m similar, @Cellmold. I pop my fingers more times a day than should be humanly possible... but also my instep, toes, elbows, back, sternum etc etc etc rofl. With Ehlers-Danlos I MUST pop them or I’m in extreme pain.
    Yet, the sounds of people popping their own knuckles drives me batty.
    I also can’t stand people fidgeting or bouncing their legs. I’m the worst leg bouncer I’ve ever known

@Tater , why would you torture us like that?! (heheh, thankfully, it wouldn’t load for me so I missed out. The internet is lagging tonight because of the storm)

Rofl, @Population: 1 yes, that counts. I would be just as grumbly too!
    Likes Population: 1, Dep liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Anything loud or sudden and I'm known to easily jump at things. Like I can feel it reverberate through my body. And it is most unpleasant.

Some thought it was because I was easily scared. Lol. I rarely feel actual fear. My female friend hid behind me because of big dogs (like pitbulls) running towards us at night and I didn't care whatsoever. Been cornered by aggressive big dogs and didn't show nor feel any fear. Nearly got hit by cars. Didn't care. I think it's just that I am sensitive to what's unexpected. I prefer some level of predictability.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.