User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default The Umbrella Academy

Just finished watching the first season last week. If you haven't watched it, I recommend it.

Thoughts on types?

Interpretation of the characters' types are:

Luther - ISFJ
    Allison - ESFP
    Diego - ISTP
    Klaus - ENFP
    Vanya - INFP
    Five - INTJ

Hazel - ENTJ
    Cha Cha - ESTJ

Mr Hargreeves - INTJ
    Peabody - INFJ

MBTI
    ESTJ

Watched it and loved it. Can't wait for season 2.

While watching it I was thinking Klaus must be an ENFP. Seems like a classic ENFP.

Not sure about Allison and Vanya's at all. Couldn't quite place them.

I can see Hargreeves as a ENTJ. His talking style seems Te Dom and he is too much of a promotor (of the umbrella academy) to be an introvert. He seems to enjoy the attention.

But Hazel as an ENTJ??? I was thinking ISFP. He seems like an Fi dom.
    Likes Oaky liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp

Is this good? I watched a few minutes of the first episode and then my mom said it seemed a bit too complex at the time so we switched it off- but might try it again. It looks interesting
    The only kinds of fights worth fighting are those you’re going to lose, because somebody has to fight them and lose and lose and lose until someday, somebody who believes as you do wins.
    I.F. Stone

Johari

Nohari

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Just curious - why ENFP for Klaus, and not ENTP?

I'd go with ENFJ for Peabody. INFJs aren't very good at being manipulative on the fly like that. Maybe as advisors - from a position of observing, and not being directly involved - but it's kind of a trademark INFJ pitfall to loathe emotional surprises and to be relatively paralyzed/stunned by new information that almost everyone else barely notices (if they notice at all).

The monkey might be INFJ though.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Watched it and loved it. Can't wait for season 2.

While watching it I was thinking Klaus must be an ENFP. Seems like a classic ENFP.

Not sure about Allison and Vanya's at all. Couldn't quite place them.

I can see Hargreeves as a ENTJ. His talking style seems Te Dom and he is too much of a promotor (of the umbrella academy) to be an introvert. He seems to enjoy the attention.

But Hazel as an ENTJ??? I was thinking ISFP. He seems like an Fi dom.
    I'd believe Hazel has Fi but I'm not sure I'd call him an Fi-dom. In a way, his ability and job, especially before he became more self-reflective indicated he could be quite detached emotionally. He's just slowly trying to get in more touch with his emotions. That's why he asked that donut lady to 'elaborate' when she started talking more about the simplicities of life. He was curious and wanted to understand more.

As for Mr. Hargreezes, I could certainly agree with you there. ENTJ is very much a possibility, even more likely than INTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Is this good? I watched a few minutes of the first episode and then my mom said it seemed a bit too complex at the time so we switched it off- but might try it again. It looks interesting
    I liked it. Not sure if its for everyone but the different characters were always enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Just curious - why ENFP for Klaus, and not ENTP?

I'd go with ENFJ for Peabody. INFJs aren't very good at being manipulative on the fly like that. Maybe as advisors - from a position of observing, and not being directly involved - but it's kind of a trademark INFJ pitfall to loathe emotional surprises and to be relatively paralyzed/stunned by new information that almost everyone else barely notices (if they notice at all).

The monkey might be INFJ though.
    ENFJ for Peabody could certainly be possible. I guess I was aligning his personality more to his mellow nature and less to his direct actions.

For Klaus, it feels as if all his choices are based on his feelings rather than any form of logical rationality. His 'selfishness' can also be ascribed to his Fi secondary. Hence, ENFP and not ENTP. Saying that, I could probably put ENTP as a secondary choice for him.

I enjoyed watching it too. There is some good chemistry between the characters.

I am pretty sure Klaus is Fi-user. I think seeing others and understanding by "putting youself in their shoes" or comparing to own feelings in particular situation can be a quality at times but also at times fault (it's easy to misread someone) of Fi-user . -> She must be scared, because she is discovering new abilities. ( I am scared because I am discovering new abilities).
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle