User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by Exolvuntur View Post
    Because you posted it in a thread about abortion. So you're implying miscarriage is a choice. Then you presented it as a question, with the implied conclusion that it is comparable to abortion morality wise (or to be able to receive judgement morally wise), which does not match the logical conclusion of the original argument presented by Eck. Which is if the choice of aborting a fetus is moral/ethical or not. A miscarriage is not a choice to begin with, so your statement didn't logically follow as an appropriate response to begin with.
    A miscarriage is not infanticide, therefore the abortion of a fetus is not infanticide either.

The argument being put forward was that abortion was morally unjustifiable because it was infanticide.

Just how simply, and just how short, I have to make points on this forum at the moment is really depressing me.

It really makes me feel like my posting is becoming more autistic. Its something I remember feeling before when I decided to stop posting. It could just be a bunch of online norms have an operant conditioning effect. Its good to be aware of this sort of thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Antinatalists aren't necessarily pro-abortion, but some of their arguments against procreation might apply to justifying abortion.

Having children is not life-affirming: it’s immoral | Aeon Essays

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    479 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    A miscarriage is not infanticide, therefore the abortion of a fetus is not infanticide either.

The argument being put forward was that abortion was morally unjustifiable because it was infanticide.

Just how simply, and just how short, I have to make points on this forum at the moment is really depressing me.

It really makes me feel like my posting is becoming more autistic. Its something I remember feeling before when I decided to stop posting. It could just be a bunch of online norms have an operant conditioning effect. Its good to be aware of this sort of thing.
    Abortion is infanticide, miscarriage is not. Abortion is intentional, miscarriage is not. Abortion is a man made procedure, miscarriages happen naturally.

You are saying abortion isn't infanticide when the very definition of infanticide is the intentional killing of babies That is exactly what abortion is. Miscarriages are not intentional (usually). It doesn't matter if they are in the womb or not. If you stab a pregnant mother, its still considered double homicide.
    Johari|Nohari
    Lawful Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Exolvuntur View Post
    Abortion is infanticide, miscarriage is not. Abortion is intentional, miscarriage is not. Abortion is a man made procedure, miscarriages happen naturally.

You are saying abortion isn't infanticide when the very definition of infanticide is the intentional killing of babies That is exactly what abortion is. Miscarriages are not intentional (usually). It doesn't matter if they are in the womb or not. If you stab a pregnant mother, its still considered double homicide.
    There can be no agreement between us on this point. I believe you are wrong and the medical evidence backs up my perspective.

Abortion is not the intentional killing of babies, it is the abortion of genetic matter which is not yet a baby, as I've said before it would be equivocal to male onanism.

Though your mind is made up and that's grand, maybe if the caliphat had lasted you'd have been at home there. I can appreciate it could be difficult for you living in a part of the world where yours in the minority opinion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    479 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There can be no agreement between us on this point. I believe you are wrong and the medical evidence backs up my perspective.

Abortion is not the intentional killing of babies, it is the abortion of genetic matter which is not yet a baby, as I've said before it would be equivocal to male onanism.

Though your mind is made up and that's grand, maybe if the caliphat had lasted you'd have been at home there. I can appreciate it could be difficult for you living in a part of the world where yours in the minority opinion.
    I wasn't seeking agreement, I am just pointing out the error in your logic.

Are you seriously equating a fetus (which contains the genetic information of both parents) with masturbation?

My original statement is Life is Life. I made no distinctions in my other posts (not regarding you) about when a baby is a baby. I think its already a human being as long as it is alive after conception. Just because it cannot talk or think yet, doesn't make it not human. Abortion just a logical and cold way to justify killing it. It is the demonization of life. Oh but Its okay! It is not human!/s

Johari|Nohari
    Lawful Evil