User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Default 4 integration to 1

I have been looking for a some information about this, but haven't been lucky in finding any relevant and long enough info. Usually there are just quite short and vague descriptions of how such an integration looks like. So my question is... Do you have any idea about how this process might look like? How does a 4 behave and how does it change when it becomes more healthy and closer to 1? Do you have any personal experiences, stories? Do you know anyone who seems to be a 4 which integrated to 1? Also... how to stay on track, and keep oneself from falling back to depression, self absorbance and inactive daydreaming?
    Likes stoic liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It's hard to name a 4 that is fully integrated all of the time, that's not to say it isn't possible. Just might be better to look for moments where 4's show their integration. My favorite website with a description of this:
    Living Enneagram - Trent J Thornley - Workshops Using Ancient Wisdom For Better Living Today

On the path of growth, the Tragic Individualist transforms into the Life-Enhancing Designer. Authenticity is found not by mimicking snippets of others' lives, or by embellishing emotional states and insisting on their validation; it is found by tuning into the objective, precise, and truthful sensations and feelings. Ethics, principles, and discipline structure creativity and allow the Four to offer a truly unique and useful contribution -- one that plumbs the depths of a particular facet of life and surfaces it with a personalized touch.

Such Fours naturally exude the balance of an even-keel equanimity, the calmness of a detached sensitivity. They radiate an aesthetic sensibility that stands on its own, without any need to gain value through comparison or disparagement. Integrating the shadows of whatever situation in which they find themselves, these Fours enhance life by unleashing these creative energies in positive ways, for everyone's benefit.

With the conscious work of relaxing reactivity, Fours reclaim dis-owned qualities of their Resource Point 2: properly proportioning their self-absorbed emotional highs & lows so as to make room for the emotions of others. This allows the Four to offer others emotional support and, often, find more life meaning in service roles than in the personalized quest to fabricate uniqueness. The Two's prideful propensity to display inner abundance becomes a useful counterweight balancing out the Four's story-line of inner lack (sadness, deficiency, tragedy).

With further integration, Fours shine forth the higher qualities of their Growth Point 1: finding more structure to support their natural creativity and order their chaotic impulses. Ethics and a sense of higher purpose loosens the Four's insistence on their subjectivity and stabilizes the Four's inner world with the fair evaluation and discernment of an outer reality checking. Focused, disciplined energy serves everyone well. The Four who taps into and aligns creativity with core values models a precious flowering of particularity for all to celebrate.

At Best: Fours show Equanimity (balanced engagement) with respect to their emotions and their assessment of happenings, embodying the Higher Quality of Holy Source (all-pervasive extraordinariness). Fours detect emotional meaning under appearances, and they can be one-of-a-kind, fascinating individuals.

Attachment 21209
    Likes Luminous, Five to One liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by stoic View Post
    It's hard to name a 4 that is fully integrated all of the time, that's not to say it isn't possible. Just might be better to look for moments where 4's show their integration. My favorite website with a description of this:
    Living Enneagram - Trent J Thornley - Workshops Using Ancient Wisdom For Better Living Today

On the path of growth, the Tragic Individualist transforms into the Life-Enhancing Designer. Authenticity is found not by mimicking snippets of others' lives, or by embellishing emotional states and insisting on their validation; it is found by tuning into the objective, precise, and truthful sensations and feelings. Ethics, principles, and discipline structure creativity and allow the Four to offer a truly unique and useful contribution -- one that plumbs the depths of a particular facet of life and surfaces it with a personalized touch.

Such Fours naturally exude the balance of an even-keel equanimity, the calmness of a detached sensitivity. They radiate an aesthetic sensibility that stands on its own, without any need to gain value through comparison or disparagement. Integrating the shadows of whatever situation in which they find themselves, these Fours enhance life by unleashing these creative energies in positive ways, for everyone's benefit.

With the conscious work of relaxing reactivity, Fours reclaim dis-owned qualities of their Resource Point 2: properly proportioning their self-absorbed emotional highs & lows so as to make room for the emotions of others. This allows the Four to offer others emotional support and, often, find more life meaning in service roles than in the personalized quest to fabricate uniqueness. The Two's prideful propensity to display inner abundance becomes a useful counterweight balancing out the Four's story-line of inner lack (sadness, deficiency, tragedy).

With further integration, Fours shine forth the higher qualities of their Growth Point 1: finding more structure to support their natural creativity and order their chaotic impulses. Ethics and a sense of higher purpose loosens the Four's insistence on their subjectivity and stabilizes the Four's inner world with the fair evaluation and discernment of an outer reality checking. Focused, disciplined energy serves everyone well. The Four who taps into and aligns creativity with core values models a precious flowering of particularity for all to celebrate.

At Best: Fours show Equanimity (balanced engagement) with respect to their emotions and their assessment of happenings, embodying the Higher Quality of Holy Source (all-pervasive extraordinariness). Fours detect emotional meaning under appearances, and they can be one-of-a-kind, fascinating individuals.

Attachment 21209
    This was very good, thank you! I've noticed that I've lately became hyper focused on staying busy, active, structured, organized and achieving my goals. I feel at my best when I'm like this, it could be my 3 wing coming into play, but I honestly think it's a part of becoming more grown up and mature. I've always had this high energy and desire for big achievements, but I was too focused on daydreaming, fantasizing and drowning in my own emotions and tragedy to do anything really. I think it can also be some level of Te.