User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    What's also disturbing is how long we've all been exposed to it. This pesticide is old, not new, and has been in widespread use since the 19th century.

As someone who has struggled with her weight for years, and recently discovered I have gastritis (intestinal inflammation) and chronically low levels of common gut flora despite usage of OTC probiotics (been doing gut biota testing for months with Ubiome) this really seized my attention.
    Right. I was reading this the other day about Teflon (PFOA) is in the blood of 98% of Americans. From the water being polluted with the chemical. Of course they knew.

Teflon’s Toxic Legacy: DuPont Knew for Decades It Was Contaminating Water Supplies - EcoWatch
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    What's also disturbing is how long we've all been exposed to it. This pesticide is old, not new, and has been in widespread use since the 19th century.

As someone who has struggled with her weight for years, and recently discovered I have gastritis (intestinal inflammation) and chronically low levels of common gut flora despite usage of OTC probiotics (been doing gut biota testing for months with Ubiome) this really seized my attention.
    I'm not convinced that oral probiotics are worth much, if anything. What does appear to be effective is a fecal transplant.

My reasoning for doubting oral probiotics is as follows:
    • The producers of probiotics rely on the presumption that bacteria are good or bad so they take the shotgun approach of what they believe to be 'good' bacteria. This is inaccurate since it's more about diversity and a balanced ecosystem for which science still hasn't figured the definition of what a 'healthy' gut microbiome consists of.
    • Oral probiotics have to pass through the stomach which produces acid. The majority of bacteria die in 15 minutes in these environments, unless the acid level has been lowered sufficiently by the substantial consumption of food or the bacteria are of the acid resistant variety.
    Likes JAVO, iwakar liked this post

@bechimo

Same. I took them on my gastro's advice. Am doing monthly testing for 6 consecutive months. I'm about 4 months into this and there's been 0 improvement.
    "The views of absolutists and purists everywhere should be noted in fierce detail, then meticulously and thoroughly printed onto my toilet paper ply."
    ~~~
    “My goal is to stay safely in between self-analysis and self-destruction.” ― Andrew Solomon
    Likes bechimo liked this post

@ceecee

Pretty sure there's a Netflix documentary on this that my husband and I saw awhile back. I think it's "The Devil We Know."
    "The views of absolutists and purists everywhere should be noted in fierce detail, then meticulously and thoroughly printed onto my toilet paper ply."
    ~~~
    “My goal is to stay safely in between self-analysis and self-destruction.” ― Andrew Solomon