User Tag List

First 345

Thread: CBD Oil

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSidious View Post
    Can you tell me more about these gummies? I've heard that this stuff is better than CBD oil, because it doesn't affect the lungs. This is an important subject for me - my 73 years old granny has a lot of health problems and the doctor said that she should try CBD. I can't imagine her vaping CBD oil. She also has asthma and I think that using vape can be lethal for her.
    I have ingested cbd oil in 3 different ways so far; oil out of a bottle using a dropper, capsules, and gummies. The first type I tried was oil from a bottle. I was in the research phase of cbd oil and went into a vitamin store, Apple Wellness, to check it out. The shop guy said that they had cbd oil in the price range between $40-375. I wasn't even willing to talk to him anymore knowing that there's a $400 bottle of cbd oil in the store. I told him Family Video has the Green Roads brand and it is cheaper and I'll go there. He then gave me a free sample bottle of the $40 stuff and a large dropper filled with the expensive stuff. The expensive stuff was slightly better for my sleep than the cheap stuff. When I take larger doses of the cheap stuff, it turns out to be just as good. The dropper has the problem of having to taste the nasty oil as it sits in your mouth for a moment before going down your throat. That stuff also gives me heartburn worse than any other form of ingestion (I didn't get heartburn at all before cbd oil). One of these bottles of oil was flavored with peppermint oil, which makes the heartburn even worse.

The gummies have not given me heartburn, but I probably don't eat enough of those for it to be a problem. I have tried two different brands of cbd gummies; Green Roads and Wild Theory. Green Roads initially sent 25 mg frog gummies. Those are pretty good, but I need more than 25 mg for sleep. So, I got on the Green Roads website and ordered 50 mg and 100 mg frog gummies. Those do not taste near as good, and they're about $5 each. I decided to get on the Apple Wellness website and found the Wild Theory gummies. Those are disgusting. I still have most of the jar and I try to eat them, because I bought them, but never again!

While I was on the Apple Wellness site, I decided to try out cbd oil capsules. Those work the best for me out of all the things. They're not terribly expensive and no nasty oil taste in my mouth. I'm buying the capsules off Amazon currently. The cheaper Amazon stuff is just as good as the more expensive brands most of the time.

That's all on that for now.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My mom sent me some bath salts with CBD in them.

Not something I'm going to pay $65 for but I did sleep like a baby after that bath.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I wonder when the tipping point is going to be reached and people will get tired of poisoning themselves "for fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wonder when the tipping point is going to be reached and people will get tired of poisoning themselves "for fun".
    Lol what?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    947 sx/so

I used cbd oil when I was a teenager to deal with my mood swings, it used to work but ever since they got worse after adolescence, I had to switch to another medication for it because cbd oil didn't keep them much under control anymore
    Nowdays I use it at night to treat insomnia and more rarely during the day when I feel particularly restless, and it works ok for me
    I wouldn't really know the effect on physical pain, I know it reduces my headaches when I'm anxious but the headaches come from being tense, so I guess that by making me more relaxed it also eliminates the headaches? I know my father takes it for his physical problem (which is not a severe one btw) and he says it works for him

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I started using a balm that's a mixture of THC, CBD and CBC on my knee. It's been working wonderfully. Plus it has mango butter which is very nice on my skin.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

You don't drink?
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    RPTR
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

CBD isn’t poison— it doesn’t contain the psychoactive parts of the plant that people get ‘high’ with. You’re thinking of THC. CBD is well known for treating a host of medical issues with zero side effects & no change in mental status.

That said, THC isn’t poison either, but it does induce relaxation/impaired ability to operate machinery, & the classic ‘high’ effect. I don’t think teens should use it since their brains are still developing, but marijuana (with & without THC) actually has a lot of medical value. I’m not personally a fan of it for recreational purposes (it just makes me tired, how is that fun?), but when my first line migraine treatments have failed, marijuana actually kicked it, and stopped the endless nausea in its tracks. My migraines last for days on end & are debilitating. Marijuana is a well known, well-tolerated pain reliever. Had I gone to the ER for intractable migraine, they’d have given me fentanyl or some other opioid, which is a lot more dangerous (& never broke my migraines either— just made me projectile vomit).

It’s also known to reduce the intraocular hypertension in glaucoma patients that leads to pain & vision loss. There are more conditions it can help, but I don’t care to list them all.

Anything can be a poison I suppose, if you abuse it, but there are definite known benefits to the substance.
    ”You bred raptors...?”

Examine website says it's good for seizures, anxiety, pain, schizophrenia and IBD
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Churchill | Imena, my site | other one