User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    KLLR
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

People thought banning leaded gasoline was stupid too, you know.
    No matter where you go, there you are....

until a masked maniac impales you with a tire iron.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    People thought banning leaded gasoline was stupid too, you know.
    Ozone layer healing, thanks to worldwide cooperation
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

Default this is a rant :|

Well, it began with the industrial revolution. Said countries went on to conquer the rest of the world, making the world system capitalistic (as opposed to merchantile or whatever it would have developed into), so now any country that wants to catch up has to industrialize, making it a cycle of environmental fuck-ups in the name of economic progress. In the meantime, rather than acknowledging that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and we need to do something to stop it STAT, we've got clowns electing clowns, not just in the US, mind. These clowns love setting forests on fire for money, and politics are always happy to go where the money goes.

So SOME "people" -- quite literally a handful -- love their dollars, AND their wishful thinking way more than they love surviving - so they've got lobbies and funding. So while the world burns and politics only slowly finally decides to do some things belatedly in a global grouphug, there's a good likelihood these people will end up colonizing space while the rest of us die, since they'll be the ones who can afford to go to space. Then they can go fuck up another planet. Wonderful world we live in, eh? )))

Oh, and lobbies. And there's probably culture of mass denial or some shit. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Agent Washington; 08-22-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: eat the rich and the elephants ugh
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

MBTI
    KLLR
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

We fukked up, Manny. We chooda' nipped dat chit in de' bud. De' whole world gunna be a ole lodd hawder an' wetter denna hooker on new year's eev.
    No matter where you go, there you are....

until a masked maniac impales you with a tire iron.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

An effort like this seems completely impossible in the political environment now.

Likes cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    An effort like this seems completely impossible in the political environment now.
    There is a congressman in my state that keeps telling people god will solve the climate issue. Just makes me want to slap a bitch. Humans caused what is happening 100%. Humans will have to solve 100% of it as well.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    There is a congressman in my state that keeps telling people god will solve the climate issue. Just makes me want to slap a bitch. Humans caused what is happening 100%. Humans will have to solve 100% of it as well.
    That sort of thinking, I'm absolutely sure, is heretical and offensive to God, a complete abdication of free will and abuse of stewardship.

It does not surprise me at all though.

Never ceases to amaze me how poor a grasp people have of the religions they are meant to be practicing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    That sort of thinking, I'm absolutely sure, is heretical and offensive to God, a complete abdication of free will and abuse of stewardship.

It does not surprise me at all though.

Never ceases to amaze me how poor a grasp people have of the religions they are meant to be practicing.
    You're right. Floods. famines, illness, meteors, etc. God's style is usually to kill people who have done nothing to deserve it. So fixing man made global warming would just not be right.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Given that the church is supposed to be the hand of god........... they should be getting their asses down towards making it work out. I wanna kick their asses.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Washington View Post
    Well, it began with the industrial revolution. Said countries went on to conquer the rest of the world, making the world system capitalistic (as opposed to merchantile or whatever it would have developed into), so now any country that wants to catch up has to industrialize, making it a cycle of environmental fuck-ups in the name of economic progress. In the meantime, rather than acknowledging that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and we need to do something to stop it STAT, we've got clowns electing clowns, not just in the US, mind. These clowns love setting forests on fire for money, and politics are always happy to go where the money goes.

So SOME "people" -- quite literally a handful -- love their dollars, AND their wishful thinking way more than they love surviving - so they've got lobbies and funding. So while the world burns and politics only slowly finally decides to do some things belatedly in a global grouphug, there's a good likelihood these people will end up colonizing space while the rest of us die, since they'll be the ones who can afford to go to space. Then they can go fuck up another planet. Wonderful world we live in, eh? )))

Oh, and lobbies. And there's probably culture of mass denial or some shit. Hope this helps.
    It started in what was likely an honest ignorance of the consequences. We are considerably better informed today. Continued ignorance is willful and inexcusable.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...