• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the AI revolution finally happening?

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think what we need to do is, as Hawkins once observed, is to merge with technology so there's a decreased chance of AI revolution against organic matter (us)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think what we need to do is, as Hawkins once observed, is to merge with technology so there's a decreased chance of AI revolution against organic matter (us)

Questionable, humans are more similar to humans than to machines but they still fight all the time. Just if something is alike that doesn't guarantee peace at all. Not to mention that cyborg vs. AI can still be a fight and quite destructive one, since both sides have "durability".

Even if AIs don’t conquer us, I believe it’s inevitable that we will slowly transform into cyborgs. Eventually, the merging of the technological and the biological will yield mostly mechanical humans with biological brains. If we can master genetic engineering, nanotechnology, and cellular regeneration, we may even be able to live indefinitely. What we’d be classified as at that point would be up for debate.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Even if AIs don’t conquer us, I believe it’s inevitable that we will slowly transform into cyborgs. Eventually, the merging of the technological and the biological will yield mostly mechanical humans with biological brains. If we can master genetic engineering, nanotechnology, and cellular regeneration, we may even be able to live indefinitely. What we’d be classified as at that point would be up for debate.

Inevitable ? Grandma with a pacemaker is technically a cyborg. :wink:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Classification is easy.

Lark

Inevitable ? Grandma with a pacemaker is technically a cyborg. :wink:

Insulin pumps or Insulin/Blood Sugar/Glucose scan points are all examples of the same too, for a long, long time none of that was necessary and I think they are all good examples of avoidable suffering which arose from market driven food production, including the mono-culture sugar cane cropping, and then the exploitation of the problem by pharma-corporations.

I wasn’t including Graminator and her miracle ear. I’m talking sophisticated Cyberpunk level hardware and beyond. [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] gets an A for using a proper example (and a Tennant era Dr. Who reference) and also for not being a smart ass. :borg::vader1::dalek:

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
People I know are claiming Machine learning (especially Deep learning) will be like electricity was at the turn of the 19th century.
They are claiming that macine learning will pervade every industry and be transformative to society.
What do you believe?
Is this a real revolution happening?
Or is this yet another overhyped AI technology that'll lead to another AI winter?

It is going to happen but gradually.