User Tag List

Default A couple of good tech education links?

Does anyone have any good tech education links? I'm not sure if what I need is simply a bunch of wikis and time to read and digest them all but I really would like to be able to say that I'm much more up to speed on what hardware, software and devices are and do and who they work, I'm not talking about programming level skills here, not for a moment.

This morning my parents were asking me about gygabites (spelling) and I wasnt able to say really what the difference was, then they asked me questions about storage and data, memory cards and SD cards.

Anyone recommend me magazines or anything to keep up to speed with developments?

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx
    He had long since decided that the world, Above or Below, was a place that wished to be deceived, and, to this end, he had named himself from a lie in a fairy tale, and created himself--his clothes, his manner, his carriage--as a grand joke...
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

He had long since decided that the world, Above or Below, was a place that wished to be deceived, and, to this end, he had named himself from a lie in a fairy tale, and created himself--his clothes, his manner, his carriage--as a grand joke...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so, now my drop box is flagging an upper limit, I didnt know it had an upper limit to what I could store using it and I thought it was a transfer app for putting pics on my laptop from my phone, damnit! Why can things not work like I expect! Now, I dont really want to use any of the clouds, amazon, google etc. as those are other peoples computers, damnit all, I've either got to try and pair my mobile and laptop using blue tooth or try and link it using my phone charger like a physical network.

Damn. It. All.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Right, so, now my drop box is flagging an upper limit, I didnt know it had an upper limit to what I could store using it and I thought it was a transfer app for putting pics on my laptop from my phone, damnit! Why can things not work like I expect! Now, I dont really want to use any of the clouds, amazon, google etc. as those are other peoples computers, damnit all, I've either got to try and pair my mobile and laptop using blue tooth or try and link it using my phone charger like a physical network.

Damn. It. All.
    On your laptop, move or copy the files from the DropBox into a folder that's not associated with DropBox, and then just delete the copies that are still on DropBox. Then your DropBox won't be full, and you'll still have your files on your laptop.