• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Regeneration of Cochlear Hair to Reverse Hearing Loss

rav3n

In the past, they regenerated inner ear hair in the cochlea region in guinea pigs to reverse hearing loss from destruction or damage to the hairs, using progenitor cells found in the human intestinal lining.

RNA Injection Restores Hearing in Guinea Pigs | The Scientist Magazine(R)

Now, they're at stage 1 of human trials which tested for a viable delivery system. It's going to take years to perfect but if you suffer from cochlear hearing loss, there's serious hope!

Frequency Therapeutics’ First-in-Human Safety Study of FX-322 for Hearing Restoration Achieves All Endpoints | Business Wire

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure I mildly damaged my hearing this way with music, so this is nice for me to see. :)

Also, if the last three threads here are something you're doing on purpose, thank you. Even if not, there's a much needed positivity in taking time to look at developments like these.