• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mars harbours deep secrets of possibility of ancient life

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hope we're talking about sentient life, crazy ancient underground cities and portals to other dimensions. What if the Atlantis myth actually referred to an advanced extra-terrestrial civilization, and at one time our solar system was dotted with their colonies and outposts? All that remains of them is dust and a few clues.

Amberiat

Infinity
I hope we're talking about sentient life, crazy ancient underground cities and portals to other dimensions. What if the Atlantis myth actually referred to an advanced extra-terrestrial civilization, and at one time our solar system was dotted with their colonies and outposts? All that remains of them is dust and a few clues.

Imagine if that was the case, maybe looking for these clues and putting them together to form a descriptive image of what happened to them or what we can learn about their technology in order to advance our own race and possibly catch up to them.

Maybe even time travel, hell yeah.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

and...us?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

I like to think the internet destroyed Atlantis. The Mars thing is quite exciting too, I think it would be neat to colonize the moon too and I seriously wonder why we havent seriously started doing that since the 80's. But what's life without a little mystery?

That discovery would be the single most enlightening event in human history. It would spark the imagination of humanity again. To really think big. What a privilege it would be to witness that.

The Earth is billions of years old and has recycled so much of itself over that time that it’s entirely possible one or more incredibly ancient non human civilizations have arisen and fallen within that stretch. In that old special Life After People they said in 10,000 years only things as massive as the Hoover Dam would be a testament to our existence. 10,000 years? That’s not even a blink of an eye in geological time. There are entire species of extinct plants and animals that we have no clue about because we have never (and may never) found evidence of them. The ridiculous amount of unexplored ocean beds with fossilized remains just sitting there.

I recently read an article (which I vaguely recall) where a geologist and his friend in I think computer science discussed what we’d have to look for as signs a globally active highly technological society existed here well before our arrival. They only talked of the possibility of civilizations going back a fraction of the Earth’s existence. Of course an extremely advanced alien society ,perhaps only colonizing the Earth for a brief time, might leave a nearly imperceptible footprint if their intent was to minimize their impact on the environment.

Even if we didn’t find signs of an advanced alien culture on Mars and instead found some kind of microbial life or fossilized evidence of it, it would be quite a thing to see. It would also silence those people that think just because extraterrestrial life hasn’t been discovered yet it doesn’t exist.

*Just read (a few minutes ago) one of Saturn’s moons, Enceladus, has complex building blocks necessary for life being ejected from it’s icy volcanoes. An exciting find.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course an extremely advanced alien society ,perhaps only colonizing the Earth for a brief time, might leave a nearly imperceptible footprint if their intent was to minimize their impact on the environment.

I myself laughed off the whole "ancient alien" hypothesis a few years back, but I'm slowly coming around to the theory of an ancient colonization by an extraterrestrial species. There are things like Rh negative people that can't quite be explained in terms of a Darwinian narrative of human evolution. A couple accounts (of dubious scientific integrity, I admit) state that early hominids, i.e. the Neanderthals, were a result of genetic engineering by an alien race who came to Earth; Neanderthals (and everyone alive today who possesses Neanderthal genetics) were alien hybrids, who became further hybridized by interbreeding with Homo Sapiens = Cro-magnon man. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but it is pretty interesting. Scientists say the universe is expanding every year, so it must have been smaller in the past, and that (along with other factors, I'm sure) may have made ancient travel to other planets/galaxies, and alien settlements, entirely plausible and much more doable than such a feat would be today. Especially if this putative alien race had the advanced technologies required to do this... long before "modern man" entered the picture and we put a man on the moon (and thought that was such an intrepid accomplishment).

I get goosebumps when I think about the very real possibility of a great-grandchild of mine being a Martian.

*Just read (a few minutes ago) one of Saturn’s moons, Enceladus, has complex building blocks necessary for life being ejected from it’s icy volcanoes. An exciting find.

Exciting indeed!

I myself laughed off the whole "ancient alien" hypothesis a few years back, but I'm slowly coming around to the theory of an ancient colonization by an extraterrestrial species. There are things like Rh negative people that can't quite be explained in terms of a Darwinian narrative of human evolution. A couple accounts (of dubious scientific integrity, I admit) state that early hominids, i.e. the Neanderthals, were a result of genetic engineering by an alien race who came to Earth; Neanderthals (and everyone alive today who possesses Neanderthal genetics) were alien hybrids, who became further hybridized by interbreeding with Homo Sapiens = Cro-magnon man. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but it is pretty interesting. Scientists say the universe is expanding every year, so it must have been smaller in the past, and that (along with other factors, I'm sure) may have made ancient travel to other planets/galaxies, and alien settlements, entirely plausible and much more doable than such a feat would be today. Especially if this putative alien race had the advanced technologies required to do this... long before "modern man" entered the picture and we put a man on the moon (and thought that was such an intrepid accomplishment).

I get goosebumps when I think about the very real possibility of a great-grandchild of mine being a Martian.

UxuKe64.jpg

It’s not often I get to use a Scully meme. ;) I’m not saying it’s a certainty or that aliens have been secretly manipulating humanity through genetics or threats of violence. Just entertaining the possibility that over the course of some 4 billion years a technologically advanced race may have used Earth as a home for a colony or an outpost. They may have long since departed by the time we decided to leave the trees. Or we’re on such a backwater rock that no one’s visited before. The universe is just too vast and life more problific and hearty than we realize for us to be the solitary source of it in any case. I don’t need scientific proof to believe that.

I hope to live to see the first human put a boot on Martian soil. I could die knowing we may actually earn a place in the wider cosmos.

Lark

I like to think the internet destroyed Atlantis. The Mars thing is quite exciting too, I think it would be neat to colonize the moon too and I seriously wonder why we havent seriously started doing that since the 80's. But what's life without a little mystery?

I think that is interesting, although I think its a little like the air line monopolies that once existed, they could employ anti-competitive practices until one day they couldnt.

Whoever or whatever has been the break on that is breaking down.

I just hope that when mankind gets out into the universe it looks more like Star Trek, even Star Wars, just so long as it doesnt look like 40K and I know there's lots of online conspiracy theorists who're praying it does because along with Assassin's Creed and Fallout the 40K fluff is stuff they all take for true fact.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that is interesting, although I think its a little like the air line monopolies that once existed, they could employ anti-competitive practices until one day they couldnt.

Whoever or whatever has been the break on that is breaking down.

I just hope that when mankind gets out into the universe it looks more like Star Trek, even Star Wars, just so long as it doesnt look like 40K and I know there's lots of online conspiracy theorists who're praying it does because along with Assassin's Creed and Fallout the 40K fluff is stuff they all take for true fact.

I'm hoping it will be beyond the realms of our current capacity for understanding.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Building blocks of life are pretty much everywhere, however stabile conditions for suporting life are relatively rare. What is still far away from alien civilizations.

Even of we find alien life we will probablly find something quite primitive that will take quite some time to evolve into animals or civilization. Since the universe is still pretty young by it's standards.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For some reason my brain auto-completed that title as Mars Harbors Deep Resentment of Earth

Barlowes_Elder_Thing.jpg

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
its all thrilling. and only a matter of time until other civilizations find us. We thought the world was flat until a few hundreds of years. this thinking that we are the only beings with consciousness is rediculous.