123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Do you believe in bigfoot?

What do you think of this picture? Some experts say that the movement of "bigfoot" is different than what you would expect of a human in a hairy suit.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes Starry, ThomasISFP liked this post

Bird of War Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I wish Bigfoot was real, but I don't think he is. It would be really cool to have a hidden species of North American apes, but I'm not terribly convinced by the evidence.
    Take my love.
    Take my land.
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care.
    I'm still free.
    You can't take the sky from me.

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I wish Bigfoot was real, but I don't think he is. It would be really cool to have a hidden species of North American apes, but I'm not terribly convinced by the evidence.
    What about the evidence makes you suspicious?
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

Slightly Petulant Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

I think the important question is does Bigfoot believe in me?

No bones ever found. Ever. A creature that large that’s still part of the ecology and so prolific (according to eyewitness accounts) would have left a skeleton or partial skeleton somewhere. Nothing. I don’t care how crafty or careful something is, it’s a big universe with so many combinations of circumstances at some point at least one of them would have been in a predicament where their remains would be preserved and discovered.

I’m more inclined to believe megalodons still prowl the vast oceans (shudder) and only by a little.

I like the whole area of cryptozoology but bigfoots are not particularly as interesting as other things like the Mothman or Jersey Devil or waterhorse.

Bird of War Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    What about the evidence makes you suspicious?
    Finally, some solid science on Bigfoot | Science News

Of those 37, the team was able to extract DNA from 30. “A lot of them turned out to be very ordinary animals in their natural habitats,” Sykes says. As the team reports July 1 in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, supposed yeti and bigfoot samples turned out to come from bears (brown, black and polar), horses, raccoons, one human, some canines (the test didn’t narrow down if they were wolves or dogs), cows, sheep, a North American porcupine, a Malaysian tapir and a serow, which is a known animal similar to a goat or antelope.
    But two hair samples from the Himalayas were a surprise. These hairs, both brownish in color, perfectly matched a short stretch of DNA once extracted from the jawbone of a 40,000-year-old polar bear. The hairs did not match modern polar bears. One hair came from an animal shot 40 years ago in Ladakh, India, by a hunter who reported that it behaved differently from typical brown bears. The other was collected about 10 years ago in Bhutan, 600 to 800 miles from Ladakh.
    The researchers’ best guess is that the hairs are from either an unknown bear species or a hybrid of a brown bear and a polar bear. Such hybrids are known in the Arctic, but genetically resemble modern, rather than ancient, polar bears. If there’s a Himalayan hybrid, it might have descended from a different, long-ago liaison between the species. But since the match between the two hairs and the ancient polar bear resulted from a fragment just 104 DNA letters long, the result is preliminary, and the team hopes to do further analysis. Sykes is even planning an expedition to Ladakh to search for live bears.
    So there's something intriguing going on in the Himalayas, but what's going on in the Pacific Northwest doesn't seem out of the ordinary.
    Take my love.
    Take my land.
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care.
    I'm still free.
    You can't take the sky from me.

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Smilephantomhive, JAVO, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI None

I used to spend a lot of time on undiscovered species forums. I do think a lot of them exist. There's so much unexplored, whether it's jungle or ocean. A few years back, scientists discovered 18,000 new species of insects, plants, microbes, and sea life. Though most are considerably smaller than bigfoot would be, mountain gorillas were discovered in 1902, which wasn't that long ago. I always leave room for belief in bigfoot.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Also View Post
    I used to spend a lot of time on undiscovered species forums. I do think a lot of them exist. There's so much unexplored, whether it's jungle or ocean. A few years back, scientists discovered 18,000 new species of insects, plants, microbes, and sea life. Though most are considerably smaller than bigfoot would be, mountain gorillas were discovered in 1902, which wasn't that long ago. I always leave room for belief in bigfoot.
    There's definitely some crazy shit in the ocean.
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI None

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    There's definitely some crazy shit in the ocean.
    For sure. I have a hard time believing that some of the already discovered species actually do exist based on their looks alone.

MBTI
    ISFP

i believe that bigfoot can be true because if you look at some of the footage it really seems undenyable. here:

Likes Smilephantomhive, JAVO liked this post