• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in bigfoot?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film_frame_352.jpg

What do you think of this picture? Some experts say that the movement of "bigfoot" is different than what you would expect of a human in a hairy suit.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wish Bigfoot was real, but I don't think he is. It would be really cool to have a hidden species of North American apes, but I'm not terribly convinced by the evidence.

I think the important question is does Bigfoot believe in me?

No bones ever found. Ever. A creature that large that’s still part of the ecology and so prolific (according to eyewitness accounts) would have left a skeleton or partial skeleton somewhere. Nothing. I don’t care how crafty or careful something is, it’s a big universe with so many combinations of circumstances at some point at least one of them would have been in a predicament where their remains would be preserved and discovered.

I’m more inclined to believe megalodons still prowl the vast oceans (shudder) and only by a little.

Lark

I like the whole area of cryptozoology but bigfoots are not particularly as interesting as other things like the Mothman or Jersey Devil or waterhorse.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about the evidence makes you suspicious?

Finally, some solid science on Bigfoot | Science News

Of those 37, the team was able to extract DNA from 30. “A lot of them turned out to be very ordinary animals in their natural habitats,” Sykes says. As the team reports July 1 in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, supposed yeti and bigfoot samples turned out to come from bears (brown, black and polar), horses, raccoons, one human, some canines (the test didn’t narrow down if they were wolves or dogs), cows, sheep, a North American porcupine, a Malaysian tapir and a serow, which is a known animal similar to a goat or antelope.
But two hair samples from the Himalayas were a surprise. These hairs, both brownish in color, perfectly matched a short stretch of DNA once extracted from the jawbone of a 40,000-year-old polar bear. The hairs did not match modern polar bears. One hair came from an animal shot 40 years ago in Ladakh, India, by a hunter who reported that it behaved differently from typical brown bears. The other was collected about 10 years ago in Bhutan, 600 to 800 miles from Ladakh.
The researchers’ best guess is that the hairs are from either an unknown bear species or a hybrid of a brown bear and a polar bear. Such hybrids are known in the Arctic, but genetically resemble modern, rather than ancient, polar bears. If there’s a Himalayan hybrid, it might have descended from a different, long-ago liaison between the species. But since the match between the two hairs and the ancient polar bear resulted from a fragment just 104 DNA letters long, the result is preliminary, and the team hopes to do further analysis. Sykes is even planning an expedition to Ladakh to search for live bears.

So there's something intriguing going on in the Himalayas, but what's going on in the Pacific Northwest doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I used to spend a lot of time on undiscovered species forums. I do think a lot of them exist. There's so much unexplored, whether it's jungle or ocean. A few years back, scientists discovered 18,000 new species of insects, plants, microbes, and sea life. Though most are considerably smaller than bigfoot would be, mountain gorillas were discovered in 1902, which wasn't that long ago. I always leave room for belief in bigfoot.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I used to spend a lot of time on undiscovered species forums. I do think a lot of them exist. There's so much unexplored, whether it's jungle or ocean. A few years back, scientists discovered 18,000 new species of insects, plants, microbes, and sea life. Though most are considerably smaller than bigfoot would be, mountain gorillas were discovered in 1902, which wasn't that long ago. I always leave room for belief in bigfoot.

There's definitely some crazy shit in the ocean.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
There's definitely some crazy shit in the ocean.

For sure. I have a hard time believing that some of the already discovered species actually do exist based on their looks alone.

ThomasISFP

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
i believe that bigfoot can be true because if you look at some of the footage it really seems undenyable. here:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I like the whole area of cryptozoology but bigfoots are not particularly as interesting as other things like the Mothman or Jersey Devil or waterhorse.

I personally would love to believe in the waterhorse however, you don't hear people in the US using that term. My grandmother called then kelpies.

Lark

I personally would love to believe in the waterhorse however, you don't hear people in the US using that term. My grandmother called then kelpies.

Really? Kelpies is the Irish name, although they are also non-corporeal (sometimes), why dont you believe in them? They are real, lake, river and sea "monsters" are absolutely real.

Shudder to think what else you dont know is real ;)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Really? Kelpies is the Irish name, although they are also non-corporeal (sometimes), why dont you believe in them? They are real, lake, river and sea "monsters" are absolutely real.

Shudder to think what else you dont know is real ;)

David Attenborough is always finding something totally whacked in the sea or rivers so I don't agree with calling them monsters. I never denied the existence of anything, I only asked for proof. Same rule applies to everything else. The Kelpies are in Falkirk. Horses. In water. Waterhorses. My Scot grandmother believed in them too however, this is a country that has a unicorn for a national animal. It's just too adorable to argue with.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Roger Patterson creature looks too fat; I don't think apes in nature can get that fat. I also remember an old tv show that showed footage of a really tall guy who walked just like the animal in the film and this person was allegedly the man in the suit. When I was young, I used to believe in it because there are thousands of sightings, but I'm sure most of those sightings were just bears or ESFPs having some fun in the woods.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bigfoot is just Randy Quaid, he's been living in Canada. He let himself go.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The eyewitness accounts do have a common pattern all around, and they're not all enthusiasts who report.

I believe there's a chance.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe it's just some guy in a suit.

I agree with Population1.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Someone i know says she saw a Bigfoot in Colorado. A guy admitted to prancing around in a Bigfoot suit and scaring her, but she thought that he was part a cover-up conspiracy.

I don't believe Bigfoot exists. It's just something that evolutionists made up.