• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to you make your coffee? What's the best coffee machine ever?

Lark

I've been look at different sorts of coffee making on Amazon and coffee machines, a friend of mine recently prepared me Dulce Gusto coffee pods at their home and I had to resist the urge to just rush out and buy one of those, I have a filter coffee machine and an espresso machine with milk foamer, neither of which I use (and wind up just making Azira instant, I know heresy) but this is a far cry from cold brewing, aeropress, all of that business.

Anyway, what's your views and what do you own and, more importantly maybe, what do you wish you owned?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I buy whole bean, have a burr grinder and use a french press, though I've considered going with drip. Not a machine, just something like this:

It seems to be a more efficient process than press, using a finer grind and extracting more from the beans, but I'm not sure how I feel about using filters. I like how the only thing consumable with my coffee is the beans.

Last edited:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I use a very basic drip coffee machine. It works quite well and I love the soft noise it makes when brewing. Very comforting in the morning.

Here it is :wubbie::

Also, the coffee you use will have a huge effect on the quality of your drink.

rav3n

Unless it's espresso/latte, I use a cheapie drip coffee maker. The secret is to ensure that you keep it clean by running a vinegar and water mix through it, on a regular basis. That and the quality of coffee and water you use. I hate pod coffee. Tastes like dishwater.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Unless it's espresso/latte, I use a cheapie drip coffee maker. The secret is to ensure that you keep it clean by running a vinegar and water mix through it, on a regular basis. That and the quality of coffee and water you use. I hate pod coffee. Tastes like dishwater.

Good point about cleaning. It does make a big difference.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I use a drip machine at home for ordinary coffee, and also have a cappuccino machine. I don't mind the taste of some pod coffees, but the pods are expensive and environmentally horrible. You can get reusable pods for these machines, and fill them with whatever coffee you like, which helps on both counts. My volunteer group was given a pod machine, and I bought them some of these reusable pods. I used to use a French press at work because I was the only one in the office who liked coffee (I know, hard to imagine). After a few years we gained a critical mass of coffee drinkers, and have had a communal drip machine at the office since then, so I rarely use the French press any longer.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this is what i use it's less than 30 at big lots.
i love it i'm spoiled. but i also have one of these
and a french press. i use the stove top espresso maker for cuban coffee , the french press when it's in the afternoon and i only want a cup. oh and i have a regular esspresso maker which is really good when i need to wake up fast.

do i need that many coffee makers? no. do i regret having that many coffee makers? fuck no

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Burr grinder and whole bean. I like Peruvian and Sumatra coffees, they seem to have less acid but excellent taste. I use a French press but I also have a very old fashioned electric percolator when I need to make more servings. All that said, I've come to love Cuban coffee. I have a moderately priced De'Longhi machine and I use Cafe Bustelo, Pilon or even Lavazza, Crema e Aroma which isn't Cuban but Italian. Don't judge, it's great. I also have a Keurig and hate myself for liking the convenience as much as I do. I like Donut Shop Dark K-cups for that but since it's not our regular coffee method, it's only used a few times a month.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would like one of those cold presses. Above all, I love iced coffee.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Keurig. I get the K cups from costco as they're much cheaper.

I take it black. As it's about the only thing I can have in the AM with my diet.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
We have this enormous cold brew ( Kinda like a french press) thing.

I always drink my coffee iced with almond milk and silk almond vanilla creamer. it doesn't taste nearly as good as it did with half and half but it is certainly better than spending all day in bed wishing for own swift death.

rav3n

We have this enormous cold brew ( Kinda like a french press) thing.

I always drink my coffee iced with almond milk and silk almond vanilla creamer. it doesn't taste nearly as good as it did with half and half but it is certainly better than spending all day in bed wishing for own swift death.
Have you tried lactose free milk? There's no diff to cow's milk in flavour and shouldn't make you sick.

Beorn

Permabanned
Clover was the greatest commercial coffee machine ever.

But then those assholes at starbucks bought them out just to shut down production.

Starbucks doesn't want you to know what great coffee tastes like.

In the end I'm actually not that picky and enjoy regular drip (even diner coffee), french press, or pour over.
At home I usually don't bother with french press and just go for the convenience of drip.
At my regular coffee joint I usually get pour over since they don't have decaf on drip.

Pour over (if you're not familiar):

Blog-Best-PourOver-Hero2.jpg

Lark

Clover was the greatest commercial coffee machine ever.

But then those assholes at starbucks bought them out just to shut down production.

Starbucks doesn't want you to know what great coffee tastes like.

In the end I'm actually not that picky and enjoy regular drip (even diner coffee), french press, or pour over.
At home I usually don't bother with french press and just go for the convenience of drip.
At my regular coffee joint I usually get pour over since they don't have decaf on drip.

Pour over (if you're not familiar):

Blog-Best-PourOver-Hero2.jpg

This looks kind of similar to what I make at home, I've a friend who make it like this and then puts it in the fridge, calls that cold brewing, is it? Yeah?

French press is the little glass jug with the plunger right? I make most of my coffee that way at the moment. When I'm not simply drinking instant that is.

Lark

I would like one of those cold presses. Above all, I love iced coffee.

I like them too, my favourite thing ever is to add iced black coffee too coconut milk, coconut cream too sometimes, blend the whole damn thing up and drink it like a milkshake or sports drink. I'd love to add dark chocolate but I cant really because of the diabetes, the taste is hard to beat though.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aeropress is quite impressive.

Oh and instant coffee isn't coffee.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like them too, my favourite thing ever is to add iced black coffee too coconut milk, coconut cream too sometimes, blend the whole damn thing up and drink it like a milkshake or sports drink. I'd love to add dark chocolate but I cant really because of the diabetes, the taste is hard to beat though.

Can you have carob? (Fake chocolate)