• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to you make your coffee? What's the best coffee machine ever?

dunce

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
First I capture the darkest spirits from the abyss of Noth. I use a special obsidian stone.

Then I use some dragon toe. Finally, I boil some water and dump it on my head.

Then I make some basic coffee in a pot an drink it.
Yay! Coffee.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure about machine but, you can't go wrong with Café Bustelo.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About what a Starbucks employee told me would be equal to 30 packets of sugar.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I tried Egyptian coffee recently. Not like a bag of "Egyptian" coffee, but what you'd have if you actually went to Egypt (prepared the same way, etc). It was pretty good.
This is what I was talking about.

IDK, I think it's fun to try many ways to make coffee and experience many cultures. I'm not sure how the Egyptian person I know makes it entirely, but these are similar if not 100% the same.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Tried making some whipped coffee today, how trendy of me. Not the prettiest picture. Does anyone else make it this way? It's a bit strong, but it was pretty good overall, nice and frothy. It's 2 tablespoons of instant coffee, 2 tablespoons of hot water and 2 of tablespoons of sugar, mixed with hot milk. I put a teaspoon of vanilla this time, but I think next time I'll try it with butterscotch.

XegKdsB.jpg

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I usually pour a cup of coffee into a glass filled with ice. I then add oatmilk and 2 tablespoons sugar-free coffee syrup OR maple syrup.

???

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
Real coffee drinkers take it in enema form. :cuppajoe: :ohmy:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone have experience with making Vietnamese coffee? If yes, any tips?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Does anyone have experience with making Vietnamese coffee? If yes, any tips?

I have several of the Phin filters and at my Asian market, they carry Trung Nguyen and Saigon Phin Daklak, plus Cafe Du Monde coffee, the Longevity brand sweetened condensed milk and the glass mugs. Cafe Du Monde is really easy to find but I use Italian espresso or even Turkish coffee most of the time (don't @ me). I think, minus the milk, the filters make a really good cup of espresso on it's own. I used these tips when I first started making it and if you want it iced.

How to Make Vietnamese Coffee | The Woks of Life

But personally, I prefer Yuanyang tea that's coffee and tea together. The first time I had it I was like - why is this not popular in the US? It's a huge caffeine punch plus a robust taste.

Yuanyang Tea (Hong Kong Style Tea and Coffee) | The Woks of Life

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have several of the Phin filters and at my Asian market, they carry Trung Nguyen and Saigon Phin Daklak, plus Cafe Du Monde coffee, the Longevity brand sweetened condensed milk and the glass mugs. Cafe Du Monde is really easy to find but I use Italian espresso or even Turkish coffee most of the time. I think, minus the milk, the filters make a really good cup of espresso on it's own. I used these tips when I first started making it and if you want it iced.

But personally, I prefer Yuanyang tea that's coffee and tea together. The first time I had it I was like - why is this not popular in the US? It's a huge caffeine punch plus a robust taste.

Any love for Lapsang Souchong?

Patrick Stewart wanted it to be Picard's drink of choice, but the writers thought not enough people would be familiar with it so they changed it to Earl Grey. Inferior choice, IMO. Impossible for me to not love tea that smells like a campfire.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Patrick Stewart wanted it to be Picard's drink of choice, but the writers thought not enough people would be familiar with it so they changed it to Earl Grey. Inferior choice, IMO. Impossible for me to not love tea that smells like a campfire.

I've had it, I think it's a bit of an acquired taste for people accustomed to black or oolong teas that are just roasted. It's good but lately I've been on a lotus tea kick.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have several of the Phin filters and at my Asian market, they carry Trung Nguyen and Saigon Phin Daklak, plus Cafe Du Monde coffee, the Longevity brand sweetened condensed milk and the glass mugs. Cafe Du Monde is really easy to find but I use Italian espresso or even Turkish coffee most of the time (don't @ me). I think, minus the milk, the filters make a really good cup of espresso on it's own. I used these tips when I first started making it and if you want it iced.

Cool, thanks! You give the best tips. Have you tried making Vietnamese egg cream? (That's going to be phase two).

I love Lapsang Souchong. Especially with grilled cheese. And I use it (instead of plain water) when I make rice or quinoa.

It would have been a great signature drink for Picard.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Cool, thanks! You give the best tips. Have you tried making Vietnamese egg cream? (That's going to be phase two).

I love Lapsang Souchong. Especially with grilled cheese. And I use it (instead of plain water) when I make rice or quinoa.

It would have been a great signature drink for Picard.

I have not but I did find a recipe using coconut cream vs sweetened condensed milk and I might try that.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’m a bit of a Keurig fan, but mostly because I’ve used it a ton at home and the office. :laugh:

I’m the kind of person who will mix two creamers (if available) in my coffee, while keeping it a nice “caramel” shade. My favorite combination so far is hazelnut and French vanilla, stirred into a medium roast coffee (any brand works as long as the quality is good), sometimes with a spoonful/couple packets of sugar added.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I’m a bit of a Keurig fan, but mostly because I’ve used it a ton at home and the office. :laugh:

I’m the kind of person who will mix two creamers (if available) in my coffee, while keeping it a nice “caramel” shade. My favorite combination so far is hazelnut and French vanilla, stirred into a medium roast coffee (any brand works as long as the quality is good), sometimes with a spoonful/couple packets of sugar added.

The convenience is great but it's a inferior cup of coffee. Mostly because you can't really alter the strength of the coffee itself much.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The convenience is great but it's a inferior cup of coffee. Mostly because you can't really alter the strength of the coffee itself much.

Wait THIS IS A THING??? :happy2:

Which brand(s) got that kind of function?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Wait THIS IS A THING??? :happy2:

Which brand(s) got that kind of function?

Any..other..coffee maker.

Try french pressed. The presses aren't expensive, you can get them in various sizes and it makes an excellent cup of coffee. You will be amazed.

04a9265780458b5f749a1f07154a74ef.gif

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any..other..coffee maker.

Try french pressed. The presses aren't expensive, you can get them in various sizes and it makes an excellent cup of coffee. You will be amazed.

04a9265780458b5f749a1f07154a74ef.gif

Ah, I think we might have one of those (just never used it, it’s probably downstairs collecting dust in the basement). Thanks haha :D