• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to you make your coffee? What's the best coffee machine ever?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've been doing pour-over recently
latest

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
eleQ1C.jpg

Those are just too funny to look at. Their shape just reminds me of those Steampunk machines that are designed to take over the world. But the expresso that comes out of those is just gorgeous and one of the best I ever tasted.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My mom asked my husband what he wanted for his birthday and he told her this.

kbgt450_434x500.jpg

I cannot believe she bought it. It's crazy expensive.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mom asked my husband what he wanted for his birthday and he told her this.

kbgt450_434x500.jpg

I cannot believe she bought it. It's crazy expensive.

Do you have a product site link?
(Showing my complete lack of sophistication here) I don’t even understand what that machine is doing on the left side. :shock:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My go-to coffeemaker is this one:

8d78a3f0fce0dc146c5257ef211330c5.jpg

Has timer so it’s ready when I wake up on mornings when I have things to do. Washable filter basket so you don’t have to buy any paper filters. It brews about 2 BIG cups or 4 standard 8oz cups. It’s $20 at Walmart. Very happy with it.

I do have an adorable single-serve French press, but that brewing method results in lower caffeine, which I’m not a fan of. Also takes more time to brew than drip-coffee, & I’m impatient in the morning. It’s nice for camping, though. Definitely superior to powdered instant coffee or coffee brew bags I used to take camping. I’ve also taken it w/me when I visit people who aren’t coffee drinkers, if I have the space in my luggage/bag. If not, then brew bags of coffee are easy to take along. Better’n nothing.

I got a Keurig as a handmedown years ago. They are convenient, but a huge waste of money (unit itself is $50-$200, & Kcups cost far more than loose ground coffee). Kcups are rarely recycled by people, so that’s another con. Needle gets clogged easily with certain brands of Kcup. I feel like you can’t clean them well, & I’ve heard of them getting moldy in inaccessible spots. I like them in dr office/bank settings as a complimentary thing. The industrial ones at places like that tend to brew hotter, too.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you have a product site link?
(Showing my complete lack of sophistication here) I don’t even understand what that machine is doing on the left side. :shock:

Home - Technivorm

You can buy grinders that attach above the filter basket but the left is the water and heating elements. This brand is consistently rated very high every time it's tested no matter what. I admit it makes excellent coffee, I just wouldn't have spent this much for a coffee maker.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Home - Technivorm

You can buy grinders that attach above the filter basket but the left is the water and heating elements. This brand is consistently rated very high every time it's tested no matter what. I admit it makes excellent coffee, I just wouldn't have spent this much for a coffee maker.

Ah, the grinder attachment seems like a nice perk.

Overall this thing sounds like it’s the Cadillac or Vitamix of coffee makers, haha.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just a regular drip most of the time. I've realized it's not that hard to make fancy-ish coffee in there-I just put random spices in with the coffee and let it do it's thing. I use a Keurig too, cause I like all the weird flavors they come in(like Andes and caramel apple pie). We have an iced coffee maker, but I don't even know what it's called? Probably some cold brew thing-it's tall and slim and you put the coffee and spices in the machine and put it into the fridge to let it brew overnight. It's one of my favorite things to drink in the summer-apple pie spice makes a really good flavor.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I use a drip coffee maker, but i have a french press and a stove top espresso thing what [MENTION=29978]Methylene[/MENTION] posted i'll usually use that in the afternoons for a pick me up

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been cold-brewing concentrate with a Toddy cold-brewer, because cold brew is a lot less acidic. Hot brewed coffee has a kick that I really miss - not just in caffeine (though it is more caffeinated), but in actual taste - though I don't miss the searing heartburn I'd get from even a single cup. (I'm ridiculously prone to heartburn).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a cheap coffee machine, I put one heaping scoop of Folgers in it, pour a two-ish cups of water in it, and turn it on.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good old fashioned poor people style. None of these overpriced gadgets marketed for yuppies in my house.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
French press. It seems pretty environmentally friendly compared to the alternatives. Plus, I like the simplicity of it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of these? They make great coffee.

Corning-Ware-Cornflower-Blue-9-Cup-full-1A-700%3A10.10-fffffffff7d8b3f1-f.png

That’s one option.

I don’t really like coffee. for me, it’s a necessary evil. The faster I can dump it down my gullet and get an energy boost, the better. Not interested in savoring it.

If it didn’t act as a stimulant, there would be no reason to drink it.

I do enjoy coffee flavored ice cream, oddly

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
By boiling water in a pot like a Goddamned animal!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
That’s one option.

I don’t really like coffee. for me, it’s a necessary evil. The faster I can dump it down my gullet and get an energy boost, the better. Not interested in savoring it.

If it didn’t act as a stimulant, there would be no reason to drink it.

I do enjoy coffee flavored ice cream, oddly

I love coffee but I don't like anything coffee flavored - candy, ice cream or even tiramisu. Nope. Since I live with a person of Nordic ancestry, and they consume more coffee than anyone else on earth, there had better be at least 10lbs of coffee beans in the house at all times.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I tried Egyptian coffee recently. Not like a bag of "Egyptian" coffee, but what you'd have if you actually went to Egypt (prepared the same way, etc). It was pretty good.

dunce

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
First I capture the darkest spirits from the abyss of Noth. I use a special obsidian stone.

Then I use some dragon toe. Finally, I boil some water and dump it on my head.

Then I make some basic coffee in a pot an drink it.
Yay! Coffee.