• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to you make your coffee? What's the best coffee machine ever?

Beorn

Permabanned
When I'm not simply drinking instant that is.

I'm pretty tolerant of different coffee methods, but I cannot abide instant coffee.

Other people regularly drinking and expecting me to drink instant coffee was one of the biggest culture shocks for me in the UK.

rav3n

I can't taste the difference between the ultra expensive coffees made with purportedly 'perfect' drip coffee machines and cheapie drip machines, when the same coffee beans are used. This is from someone who can taste differences easily in other foods and is picky as hell in what she consumes. Can't decide whether this is a blind spot for me or people are being fooled into paying more for their machines.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm pretty tolerant of different coffee methods, but I cannot abide instant coffee.

Other people regularly drinking and expecting me to drink instant coffee was one of the biggest culture shocks for me in the UK.

giphy.gif

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

I have a box of Via for desperate times.

Desperate as in there is no other form of caffeine in the house and I'm suffering a withdrawal migraine.

because not only is instant coffee the worst but Starbucks is the worst.
In fact I must confess that every few months I take a road trip to Portland because Portland Roasting co is much better.

Mercuries is my favorite but apparently they hate making money and are refusing to open any of the stores which have been under construction for the past two years.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I waste a lot of money on those little keurig pod things. I almost always take my coffee black, unless it's really crummy coffee from a can.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
i dont make it ..ever i wait till someone else is making it and ask them to make me one toooo mauahahahahajaa

Lark

There definitely are some vile instant coffees here in the UK, I dont think there actually is a coffee culture in the UK yet, they talk about there being one but realistically its just Starbucks, Costa and Nero, Costa and Nero are closer to decent coffee than Starbucks, which is sort of like coffee infused milkshakes for the most part, from what I can tell, but some of the instants are tolerable.

There as a decent, real coffee shop opened in a neighbouring town, like the guy in there was able to talk to me about muslim coffee and had said he had travelled the world sampling coffee and ways to prepare it. I didnt get a chance to talk to him about whether he thought blue mountain was the best coffee ever made or if he'd ever tried the infamous coffee strained through a cat Kopi Luwak but they did cold brewing, different sorts of unique beans and stuff.

Some people I know who saw me frequenting the place were all shocked and surprised, as it is meant to be a joint venture between hipster christian evangelists, real hardliners, and a local food corporation, I thought that was weird because I never thought of myself as giving anyone the impression of being sectarian, they just thought it was a church venture and only frequented by church members maybe.

Either way it was damn good coffee and I didnt care about the philosophy of whoever was making it. Didnt have to.

Lark

There are some class big chemistry set style coffee brewing set ups but besides the ceremony I imagine they'd take a long time.

I'm thinking of buying one of those Dolce thing Nescafe pod machines to be honest, could be philistine but will be convenient.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol if I get coffee I just use the clover machine at my store. I work most days there. And days I don’t work, I either buy coffee or just skip it entirely.

I usually have coffee with light cream and sugar. Black is just hurting yourself. I would go black if I didn’t like soda so much

-_-

Beorn

Permabanned
There definitely are some vile instant coffees here in the UK, I dont think there actually is a coffee culture in the UK yet, they talk about there being one but realistically its just Starbucks, Costa and Nero, Costa and Nero are closer to decent coffee than Starbucks, which is sort of like coffee infused milkshakes for the most part, from what I can tell, but some of the instants are tolerable.

I did find a place with excellent coffee somewhere around covent garden. This was years ago and I have no idea if it's still there.

I didnt get a chance to talk to him about whether he thought blue mountain was the best coffee ever made or if he'd ever tried the infamous coffee strained through a cat Kopi Luwak but they did cold brewing, different sorts of unique beans and stuff.

I have had the latter. It was interesting to try, but not a luxury I would crave.

Either way it was damn good coffee and I didnt care about the philosophy of whoever was making it. Didnt have to.

:nice:

Beorn

Permabanned
I had a roommate once that would make his coffee with starbucks french roast, using a specialty burr grinder, french press, and then poured it over a healthy amount of whole cream.

I'm still not sure what I think of that.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The way I do it is kinda complicated and hard to explain, but I can basically boil it down to just a few broad steps:

1. Put coffee grounds in coffee maker
2. Put water in coffee maker
3. Press button to make coffee
4. Put liquid creamer in the coffee

Lark

I did find a place with excellent coffee somewhere around covent garden. This was years ago and I have no idea if it's still there.

I have had the latter. It was interesting to try, but not a luxury I would crave.

:nice:

I've tried produce which claimed to be both of those luxury brands, I was not that impressed with either, which makes me wonder if my means of producing the same has something to do with it.

I know people who go out of their way to get super special spring water for instance and other things, I'm not sure that those things are going to effect things that much to be honest. I also knew someone who bought the beans and roasted them at home in an oven, that's a bit much to be truthful.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I like the French press, but also old fashioned percolators from the 70s. It tastes great to me! Plus they're cheap...