• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen Hawking: In Remembrance

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:cry: He truly was a brilliant soul, may he rest in peace...

I was shocked when I first got the news through one of my college friends. I was like, "Please let this be a hoax," for the first two minutes or so... :cry:

The religious idiots I encounter down here in the bible belt are celebrating his death and gloat about him "burning in hell". Its the talk of the town. This and the other things I see and experience on a regular basis make me not want to live on this planet anymore.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The religious idiots I encounter down here in the bible belt are celebrating his death and gloat about him "burning in hell". Its the talk of the town. This and the other things I see and experience on a regular basis make me not want to live on this planet anymore.

Well, that's wrong of them :mad: I never liked such a "holier-than-thou" mentality. I can give at least ten examples of so-called religious hypocrites who have been anything but good...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's presenting in person in the Twin Cities and I live a couple hours away. It's not a one-on-one thing or anything special, but I am still pumped. He's a fucking icon and one of the most cherished speakers of our time.

I know. I wish I could make it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Upcoming Appearances | Neil deGrasse Tyson

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind. That's not helpful. :(

Things ARE getting better here, but we stay consistantly 40 years behind the rest of the country on social progress, public infrastructure, ect. This city has really fallen since the early 70s, and is only just now maybe recovering a little. Too little too late, I say. Nobody important ever tours here.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Things ARE getting better here, but we stay consistantly 40 years behind the rest of the country on social progress, public infrastructure, ect. This city has really fallen since the early 70s, and is only just now maybe recovering a little. Too little too late, I say. Nobody important ever tours here.

Sounds like a brief road trip is in order for you, sir.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds like a brief road trip is in order for you, sir.

Compared to a city like Dallas, Houston, Memphis, or New Orleans, we are way behind where we should be. The best I can say about here is house prices are dirt cheap.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

As a Christian I can say them talking like that, whether Hawking will be there or not, there will be a chair waiting for them too.

Jesus told us to find the log in our own eyes before pointing out the speck in anothers. To love your neighbor as yourself. Not to judge, as the Father in Heaven will judge you accordingly.

They aren't following the word very well if they really wanna go there.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As a Christian I can say them talking like that, whether Hawking will be there or not, there will be a chair waiting for them too.

Jesus told us to find the log in our own eyes before pointing out the speck in anothers. To love your neighbor as yourself. Not to judge, as the Father in Heaven will judge you accordingly.

They aren't following the word very well if they really wanna go there.

Yes. This is a case where I agree with you. You can’t really be a christian unless you follow every word—for better or worse. You are what I would call a more reasonable Christian, or at least more reasonable than the Christians I encounter where I live.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so