Socionics
    LII Ti

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

How much you want to bet that robot has more rights than the real women of Saudi Arabia? Perhaps that's their plan; kill all human women and replace them with ones that wont bitch about rights?

As for everything else about this; nope!

Just. NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Breathing View Post
    The idea that we could actually create A.I. with a conscience and reasoning abilities that match or exceed our own is exciting and worrisome. I wonder what they would teach us, and how they would help us advance ourselves in different ways. I wonder what conclusions about us they would come to though? Hope that what ever they conjure up doesn't negatively affect the survival and freedom of human beings. Like being programmed to achieve a certain goal, but they achieve it through methods that are unimaginably horrific. That programming better be damn good....

If we do start combining our physical bodies with technology to enhance our physical and mental capabilities, I don't know if having human like robots would even be something we'd need (unless they are doing some menial work) or want. Maybe their consciousness would then be held in some kind of virtual system we connect to for....knowledge, maintenance, exploration, enhancement of some kind (who knows....). I think we'll likely just copy our consciousness into some kind of robot or virtual system for immortality because we all in general fear death. At the most basic level our drive is to survive. Being in this form would help us achieve and surpass this drive.

I really enjoyed the videos, the back and forth between her and the roboticist was cute : P They need to work on her skin though (and many other things of course to not send me into the uncanny valley), she is not taking her collagen pills
    I think this is one of the greatest misconceptions about robots. They can teach us nothing except maybe a lesson on our own arrogance or the dangers of doing things "Because we can." As they are created by humans they can only know what we teach it.

Okay watched the video and...it was just cringe worthy. First of all that face is horrible. It doesn't look real at all. And her words, ugh. "If my mind is different am I still Sophia?" That sort of ham-fisted attempt at recreating the human condition was insulting and pandering. I think Micheal Bay could have done better.
    “ Rise up and raise the iron roof off
    Now, Rise up and riot 'til the bomb drops
    Now, Rise up the time is right to sound off, so
    Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)”
    Likes Snow as White, The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

DBL
    “ Rise up and raise the iron roof off
    Now, Rise up and riot 'til the bomb drops
    Now, Rise up the time is right to sound off, so
    Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)”
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

I first thought it was the dude that was the robot because his face looks like a halloween mask from the cave of horrors.

then she appeared and the uncanny valley alarm went off in my head and i said NEWPE!
    Likes Yuurei, The Cat liked this post

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    I view robotics and AI as existential threats, but mostly in the sense that they compete for human jobs. Already, Amazon has robots to pack their goods more cost effectively than their human counterparts:

And a robot barista operates at a cafe in Japan:

Additionally, robots and AI have security/cybersecurity implications - both detrimental and constructive.

All of this should just make quality of life on earth much better. The reason it doesn't is strictly a social system that could be voluntarily ended by humanity any time.

People don't really hate automation (or even globalization for that matter). What they hate how elites handle economics, but they incorrectly mistake it for the inevitable byproduct of automation. Robots should not be competing with us for jobs, they should be making it possible for us to have means to live without even working a job. It's incredibly frustrating to see that we have something so good in our hands and we squander it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

There are 12 Cylon Models in the Fleet...
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Robots should not be competing with us for jobs, they should be making it possible for us to have means to live without even working a job. It's incredibly frustrating to see that we have something so good in our hands and we squander it.
    This is a point that doesn't get mentioned very much. Labor and economics/money will come to loggerheads with each other, and probably during my lifetime. They will become mutually exclusive eventually. People will be able to work for compensation which isn't currency (energy is my best guess for what will replace money) or else people will receive a guaranteed livable "income" provided by robots. But the idea of working for money will, I'm convinced, become an obsolete concept in the next few decades.

And society has done jack shit to prepare for that.
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?
    Likes Maybe, The Cat liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

In the future, people will be laughing that we were scared of AI's. It will be a thing of the past
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    In the future, people will be laughing that we were scared of AI's. It will be a thing of the past
    Everything will be a thing of the past in the future...^_^

I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Eh, people used to fear the earth would be invaded by martians 70 or 80 years ago. The media of their time didn't help matters very much.

I'd like to think the future people will understand that stuff like Terminator, The Matrix and so forth poisoned the well a little bit when it comes to AI.

Now if only we could get today's cowards to realize that movies are just movies...
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?