• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spider Minds

I’ll be sure to not take any of this into account the next time I’m terminating one with extreme prejudice.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Even plants show calculated behavior. I don't think we have a complete grasp on what it means to be conscious. There is even a theory that everything in the universe has consciounsness: Panpsychism. Now, I am not saying that I agree with said theory, but it's all interesting to consider and toss around in the old mind cave when you're bored. I do think that mankind has elevated itself in an incredibly arrogant and narrow-minded manner, putting us at the top of the animal kingdom. And yeah... I get it... we use tools and have advanced language and are innovative, blah blah blah. But, so do other animals and it's rather self-centered to think that we know all there is to know about an animal's self-awareness. And what if plants have actually mastered mindfulness and therefore existence by just existing in the moment? Doesn't that put them above us? Personally, I think being at one with the Earth and not having an ego is superior to being a species which is primarily motivated by greed and self.