• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Technology advancement in Firearms

alexdrake

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex and I am from Columbia, I want your opinion about technology advancement in firearms. According to you which technical advancement has the most influence on firearms? Can you tell me any of your favorite firearm brand/company , or which has the most advance shooting accessories.

Thanks

Lark

This could be a really interesting thread but I dont know how popular firearms ownership and innovation are on this forum, if you know of any good links, magazines or resources share them (I know you are asking yourself but I thought maybe you were possibly not starting out from complete scratch).

I know my own knowledge stems from a lot of books on firearms or small arms I have from whenever I was a teenager or younger, they are all badly dated, like the heckler and koch was popularly featured as cutting edge, some of the feature SLRs and Sterling submachine guns (I think those are discontinued are they?) and the "future tech" weapons in them are things which never made it off the drawing board or are bullpup designs like the French foreign legion guns or the horizontal mag loading weapons like those in Stargate SG1.

There was a strange weapon that Darrel uses at the end of the last season of Walking Dead that I watched to the finish, season seven, and I really wonder about it.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Modern gunpowder as opposed to older black powder. It creates a cleaner more powerful burn and changed all modern firepower. Definitely one of the most far reaching advancements in firearm technology. Also cased ammunition that began appearing at the end of the American Civil War.