Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Yeah, the gorillas shouldn't have been the warriors but the movie was written at a time when the image of the gorilla was that of King Kong, though the author of the book, Pierre Boulle, says he got the idea from being at the zoo and watching the gorillas and he thought they had quasi-human expressions, and that it had nothing to do with King Kong.

Though I've actually never read the book, I just saw the OG film, plus the sequels (Beneath the Planet of the Apes et al)also the one with Mark Wahlberg lol - HAIL SEIMOS!
    I read the book after seeing the original film and was a bit disappointed in it. One of the few instances where I think the film version is an improvement. But it is still a solid read.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Also, Aboriginal Australians. They're better at math and spatial reasoning, apparently.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Is there some sort of forum prize for hilarious thread title?

I read some off beat topics sometimes but what motivates this sort of reading? I wonder, the sexual habits of primates and egalitarianism? Really?

At least I got a laugh today.

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Is there some sort of forum prize for hilarious thread title?

I read some off beat topics sometimes but what motivates this sort of reading? I wonder, the sexual habits of primates and egalitarianism? Really?

At least I got a laugh today.
    Just didn't want to jack another thread with an aside:

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    So my question would be what conditions in pre-352 CE Europe may have contributed to more egalitarian/matriarchal societies? What were your findings? Was there generally an abundance of resources/food and a lack of conflict from outside forces/tribes/invaders?

Several native American cultures were more matriarchal and egalitarian in nature, however some were more patriarchal. It was often dependent on the amount of food and resources and proximity to potentially hostile tribes/states.

Bonobos are very matriarchal compared to Chimps. However, Bonobos live in region with relatively abundant food and resources and few natural predators. Genetically, bonobos and chimps are extremely close
    Glad you were able to laugh today. God bless.
    χρήστος ανέστη

Likes sLiPpY, Xann liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    Just didn't want to jack another thread with an aside:

Glad you were able to laugh today. God bless.
    Its good to laugh, there's a lot of seriousness I cant account for around in what's obviously a pretty crazy time, I mean extrapolating anything from the behaviour or primates and considering it a plan for or concluding material about human nature? They dont even have a verbal culture for God sake!

Do you all see what you're looking like people?! Its a sight!

Loving how the like function lets you see who's making it to the lets align ourselves in case anyone had to even guess party there!
    Likes Justin of Flavia Neapolis liked this post

Sounds like an interesting book.

It is weird that people use that "promiscuous bonobo vs. murderer chimp" thing as an argument for why we should all reassess the foundations of human behavior and suddenly remake ourselves (in the image of bonobos).

I've seen an article claiming that humans were actually closer to bonobos than to chimps, and suggesting that this idea should give people hope. As though we were all suffering from a collective self-image problem, "I'm a chimp; I was born a chimp, and I'll always be a chimp, and there's no use fighting it", believing ourselves to be a chip off the old chimp block, when in reality, we were all beautiful bonobo swans, just waiting for someone to awaken us to our true nature.

"Oh, thank you, now that I know my true heritage, I can finally let out my inner bonobo, and together, we will heal society."
    Likes Typh0n, ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

"All are chimp, but some are more chimp than others."

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    "All are chimp, but some are more chimp than others."
    Chimp Test!

This test will determine whether you're a chimp, a bonobo, or a single-celled organism:

1. Do you have sex with your enemies?

2. Do you slaughter your enemies?

3. Do you consider yourself not to have any enemies?

If you answered yes only to #1, you are a bonobo. Congratulations! If you answered yes only to #2, you are a chimpanzee. You need to find Jesus. If you answered yes only to #3, you are a single-celled organism. Congratulations!

If you answered yes to more than one of the above, you are insane.
    If you answered no to all three, you are probably sane.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    Chimp Test!

This test will determine whether you're a chimp, a bonobo, or a single-celled organism:

1. Do you have sex with your enemies?

2. Do you slaughter your enemies?

3. Do you consider yourself not to have any enemies?

If you answered yes only to #1, you are a bonobo. Congratulations! If you answered yes only to #2, you are a chimpanzee. You need to find Jesus. If you answered yes only to #3, you are a single-celled organism. Congratulations!

If you answered yes to more than one of the above, you are insane.
    If you answered no to all three, you are probably sane.
    not true, what about hate sex, and slaughtering home intruders?

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Bonobos and chimps are different due to environmental factors, right? Either adapted to their respective environments and this shaped their culture and behavior?