User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned

I finally bought some ethereum... near the all-time high. I got lulled to sleep by the continuous $300 price point and jumped when I saw it moving. Whatever. It'll be up quite a bit by next summer. At least I'm not getting scammed by bitcoin.

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I find it too risky tbh. Obviously I wouldn't put my whole investment portfolio into it. I would put a percentage of my rainy day fund and let it sit. I'm not a day trader, I mostly focus on postion trading or occasional swing. I don't like to look at my stocks everyday and get obssesed about them.

My advice is to figure out your budget and put like 8-12% of your stock money into different forms of Cryptocurrency and diversify it. Depending on your circumstances, if you have left over dividends from ETFs, blue chips, etc. You could put 8-10% of those payouts toward the crypocurrency. It never hurts to diversify over all the market.

There is a lot of fear and anxiety around Bitcoin right now because of the scamming so it MAY potentially have a small plummet soon. Who knows though.

Because I find it so risky, I would personally choose to invest less of my income into it.
    Likes Typh0n liked this post

I don't understand blockchain. Say if 51% of stored information has been corrupted in identical fashion through targeted hacking from groups of hackers (particularly state sponsored ones), what's preventing the corruption of the transaction and potentially, all transactions that cascade from it?
    Likes biohazard liked this post

Likes Cellmold, wildmoon liked this post

Remember, Humanity. A Radiant Dawn's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    379 sp/sx

I remember hearing that some people are taking out mortgages on their homes just to buy bitcoin and other currencies. It just seems too risky to me.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

Today is the beginning, and tomorrow is the beginning of everything else.

March on, life's too grand to let things get you down for long. It's a beautiful place and we're so blessed to be here.

I am a person of fortune and I must seek my fortune.

My blog

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I had $.10 sitting around in a coin wallet, now it's $10. W00T, I'm rich!

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Le Paul View Post
    I remember hearing that some people are taking out mortgages on their homes just to buy bitcoin and other currencies. It just seems too risky to me.
    Wow... that's incredibly dumb.

Remember, Humanity. A Radiant Dawn's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    379 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
    Wow... that's incredibly dumb.
    My thoughts entirely.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

Today is the beginning, and tomorrow is the beginning of everything else.

March on, life's too grand to let things get you down for long. It's a beautiful place and we're so blessed to be here.

I am a person of fortune and I must seek my fortune.

My blog

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.

I didnt buy any of these, I think it was a great concept at the time of its original inception and I think that the money that can be made on it has been made on it, unless you're shorting it as a trader, which I'm not, will only ever be an investor I think but that's alright.