• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blockchain and Bitcoin

Beorn

Permabanned
I finally bought some ethereum... near the all-time high. I got lulled to sleep by the continuous $300 price point and jumped when I saw it moving. Whatever. It'll be up quite a bit by next summer. At least I'm not getting scammed by bitcoin.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it too risky tbh. Obviously I wouldn't put my whole investment portfolio into it. I would put a percentage of my rainy day fund and let it sit. I'm not a day trader, I mostly focus on postion trading or occasional swing. I don't like to look at my stocks everyday and get obssesed about them.

My advice is to figure out your budget and put like 8-12% of your stock money into different forms of Cryptocurrency and diversify it. Depending on your circumstances, if you have left over dividends from ETFs, blue chips, etc. You could put 8-10% of those payouts toward the crypocurrency. It never hurts to diversify over all the market.

There is a lot of fear and anxiety around Bitcoin right now because of the scamming so it MAY potentially have a small plummet soon. Who knows though.

Because I find it so risky, I would personally choose to invest less of my income into it.

rav3n

I don't understand blockchain. Say if 51% of stored information has been corrupted in identical fashion through targeted hacking from groups of hackers (particularly state sponsored ones), what's preventing the corruption of the transaction and potentially, all transactions that cascade from it?

Permabanned

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember hearing that some people are taking out mortgages on their homes just to buy bitcoin and other currencies. It just seems too risky to me.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had $.10 sitting around in a coin wallet, now it's $10. W00T, I'm rich!

Lark

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.

I didnt buy any of these, I think it was a great concept at the time of its original inception and I think that the money that can be made on it has been made on it, unless you're shorting it as a trader, which I'm not, will only ever be an investor I think but that's alright.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
I found my wallet on the old drive, it started synchronizing the last 2 years and when it ended it filled my entire HDD, the Bitcoin folder has 90GB, wtf? Is this normal?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found my wallet on the old drive, it started synchronizing the last 2 years and when it ended it filled my entire HDD, the Bitcoin folder has 90GB, wtf? Is this normal?

Yep, the Bitcoin blockchain size is HUGE, this is unfortunately normal.

Lark

Yep, the Bitcoin blockchain size is HUGE, this is unfortunately normal.

Yeah, for what was an original, interesting idea about allowing anyone with a laptop and space processing power to own currency it should became the forte of big monopolies/firms, pretty quickly.

Who'd have thought it?

Beorn

Permabanned
I finally bought some ethereum... near the all-time high. I got lulled to sleep by the continuous $300 price point and jumped when I saw it moving. Whatever. It'll be up quite a bit by next summer. At least I'm not getting scammed by bitcoin.

oq0o0kq2xh401.jpg

:cry:

Beorn

Permabanned
I still think that's risky shit, you could as easily feel bad that you didnt become a Google millionaire or something.

I'm half joking.
It would have been nice, but I'm not worried one bit.
Bitcoin is in a speculation bubble. It has major obstacles to scale a worldwide daily use currency.
But, a cryptocurrency will reach that point at some point.

As it is I took out the money I put in and left in my (lessor) profit in ethereum over the last 3 weeks.
I'll probably just do dollar-cost averaging from now on and not try to play the market.

Lark

I'm half joking.
It would have been nice, but I'm not worried one bit.
Bitcoin is in a speculation bubble. It has major obstacles to scale a worldwide daily use currency.
But, a cryptocurrency will reach that point at some point.

As it is I took out the money I put in and left in my (lessor) profit in ethereum over the last 3 weeks.
I'll probably just do dollar-cost averaging from now on and not try to play the market.

Can you not invest in a income share and fund account? If you're not a trader or interested in becoming a trader it makes sense. Whether people say its a glorified savings account or not.