• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Debunked article claims Women absorb and retain DNA from every man they have sex with

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(Debunked)Women Absorb And Retain DNA From Every Man They Have Sex With

Fact Check
shocking-women-absorb-and-retain-dna-from-every-man-they-have-sex-with.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cool. I wonder, though, if this actually does actually does anything or causes any appreciable difference in biology. I would also assume that condoms would prevent this from happening.

Also, did you know that aging happens because when our cells divide we have these things called telomeres in our DNA that get shorter each time cell division occurs? If they get too short, we tend to die. It just so happens that women happen to have longer telomeres, so this explains why they live longer in practically every country on earth. It turns out it can't just be attributed to culture, to things like men being more aggressive and therefore more likely to harm each other. Nope, the difference is hard-coded in the DNA. (I suppose the good news if that we know what causes aging, maybe someday we could do something to reverse or halt the process. Although, whether or not that would actually be a good idea is an open question.)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Cool. I wonder, though, if this actually does actually does anything or causes any appreciable difference in biology. I would also assume that condoms would prevent this from happening.

Also, did you know that aging happens because when our cells divide we have these things called telomeres in our DNA that get shorter each time cell division occurs? If they get too short, we tend to die. It just so happens that women happen to have longer telomeres, so this explains why they live longer in practically every country on earth. It turns out it can't just be attributed to culture, to things like men being more aggressive and therefore more likely to harm each other. Nope, the difference is hard-coded in the DNA. (I suppose the good news if that we know what causes aging, maybe someday we could do something to reverse or halt the process. Although, whether or not that would actually be a good idea is an open question.)

There have been some experiments with mice on telomeres. Without being too off topic:

Telomerase reverses ageing process : Nature News

TLDR - Mice engineered without telomerase grew old quickly, activation of enzyme created rapid recovery from premature aging effects, but unsure if this is a workable solution for mice/people who have aged naturally. Also potential tumour risk increase, but one doctor argued that telomerase should prevent DNA damage that causes cancer in the first place.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Thank God I have only ever had sex with one person.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really wish you had just linked through to the original research article; because while trying to scan those piss poor attempts at coherent writing; I at no time realised this was actually a study into Alzheimer's Disease.

Specifically the interplay of michrochimerism (Presumed to be from pregnancy; though that fell outside of the scope of the study.) as a factor in the higher frequency of AD in those that have had children. Also the higher rates of women suffering from it; compared to men. Their theory being that changes in the permeability of the blood brain barrier during pregnancies allows for the crossover of DNA. An interesting study but in no way conclusive about anything.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is very interesting and I never knew this before!. It does make sense on a biological level as more genetic variation is good but however I would imagine the DNA influence is very minimum overall. It seems to be just a side effect of sperm DNA entering the woman's body.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this had already been debunked, or at least that the findings had been overstated or exaggerated in some questionable publications, but I will have to do some research.

If true then I suppose it lends new meaning to the saying 'every time you have sex with someone, you're having sex with everyone else they've slept with'

Is this a holdover from our rodent-like ancestors?

I'll get my popcorn ready because I already know how this thread is going to go.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this had already been debunked, or at least that the findings had been overstated or exaggerated in some questionable publications, but I will have to do some research.

If true then I suppose it lends new meaning to the saying 'every time you have sex with someone, you're having sex with everyone else they've slept with'

Is this a holdover from our rodent-like ancestors?

I'll get my popcorn ready because I already know how this thread is going to go.

This. I thought the exact same thing. :popc1:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
This really grosses me out.

Don't worry, as you absorb male DNA you will eventually start enjoying gross stuff more, like body gas and laughing at poo.

You may not be able to compete in penis size comparisons and ridicule though...

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
We carry live DNA from all sperm ever touched - snopes.com

I realize snopes is not the end-all on science but the posters share many articles/sources on the subject.

A strong argument against is ( well, anyone who has taken biology 85) but that most articles FOR this idea come from Red-piller and RooshV sites.

Do your research and you'll find that the real science behind this was based upon fruit flies- I'm not sure if a person who believe in this nonsense is aware but human beings are slightly more complex than fruit flies-

Furthermore, studies mentioned only the fetus carried the DNA of previous partners because it was left inside an egg ( but again, not sure if you know this but in mammals eggs are expelled every so often) women themselves do not "absorb sperm" anywhere in their bodies. That's complete nonsense. Hell, if it were we should be testing the DNA of gay men as well.

Mole

Permabanned
human beings are slightly more complex than fruit flies.

This is true but we are only slightly more complex than fruit flies, for our complexity lies in our cells, and as we have a trillion cells we are not a trillion times more complex than a cell, we are still as complex as a cell, just like fruit flies.

For about four thousand million years we have all had the same DNA, from microbes to elephants, from butterflies to blue whales. We can now hold a cheap and accurate DNA sequencer in the palm of our hands and find how each animal, how each strand of DNA, is related to every other strand over 4,000 million years.

So it is not so much that we, homo sapiens, are amazing, it is that life in amazing, amazing almost beyond imagination.