• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Debunked article claims Women absorb and retain DNA from every man they have sex with

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even if it were true, perhaps we're reacting to this wrong. Did the studies mention a correlation between lower rates of alzheimers and greater amounts of foreign DNA in women?

No. Supposedly they discovered it by accident when they were studying alzheimers. Even if isn't true it sounded like there were some effects when people had blood tranfusions and other situations which in and of itself were surprising.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No. Supposedly they discovered it by accident when they were studying alzheimers. Even if isn't true it sounded like there were some effects when people had blood tranfusions and other situations which in and of itself were surprising.

Blood transfusions make more sense, I wouldn't find that surprising. But anytime you start talking body fluids - the sexual repression and lack of sexual education in this country comes through with flying colors.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So when woman says "I could just eat you up!" They kind of do... :mellow: Charming

Realistically though - I always felt like something like this happens but wasn't sure.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Ya think? Did anyone else have a look at the genius scientific and investigative minds of Your News Wire?
I was drinking a little and the title was bs right off but it's in the science section and highlander is posting so yea but then I was like hey be open minded an there I go

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I was drinking a little and the title was bs right off but it's in the science section and highlander is posting so yea but then I was like hey be open minded an there I go

I thought that too (highlander, not the article) but then I saw the conspiracy theorists liking it and already knew about the site so....

giphy.gif

There are always legit, peer reviewed scientific sites to read. But that would require effort and people are sadly lacking. I don't mean you. I mean people in general.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
any article that states: "When it is injected into you it swims and swims until it crashes headlong into a wall, and then it attaches and burrows into your flesh. If it’s in your mouth it swims and climbs into your nasal passages, inner ear, and behind your eyes. Then it digs in. It enters your blood stream and collects in your brain and spine.

Like something out of a scifi movie, it becomes a part of you and you can’t get rid of it..."

should be taken with a grain of salt.

Now I'm not disputing microchimerism, but we have to be careful when we interpret findings from studies.

He follows this up with a link to a RooshV article. I don't have a huge problem with Roosh, but I wouldn't cite a dating guru as proof of these claims, and that link was a red flag when I was reading this thread.

The roosh article starts out sane enough, more or less referencing the studies, but then it goes off the rails with a claim that women's phenotypes might be changed if they absorb enough male DNA, also that women who have a lot of sex with many casual male partners might somehow adopt more masculine traits. I think that second bit is backwards. I think (but can't say for certain in the absence of hard data), the causal relation is flipped incorrectly in that article by proclaiming lots of casual heterosexual sex causes more masculine, dominant personality traits in women. I think it is usually more the opposite case, that women who engage in a lot of casual sex were already more "dominant," outgoing and possessing traits considered more masculine, however I do not mean to imply that all women with those traits engage in a lot of sex with multiple partners. Here's an example, I knew a girl in college who had her share of partners. She was a "one of the guys" sort of girl, had a husky voice, liked to curse a lot. But I don't think any of this was a side effect of having a lot of sex. Also, guess what, she happened to be a heavy smoker. That shit will make your voice huskier.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
any article that states: "When it is injected into you it swims and swims until it crashes headlong into a wall, and then it attaches and burrows into your flesh. If it’s in your mouth it swims and climbs into your nasal passages, inner ear, and behind your eyes. Then it digs in. It enters your blood stream and collects in your brain and spine.

Like something out of a scifi movie, it becomes a part of you and you can’t get rid of it..."

should be taken with a grain of salt.

Now I'm not disputing microchimerism, but we have to be careful when we interpret findings from studies.

He follows this up with a link to a RooshV article. I don't have a huge problem with Roosh, but I wouldn't cite a dating guru as proof of these claims, and that link was a red flag when I was reading this thread.

The roosh article starts out sane enough, more or less referencing the studies, but then it goes off the rails with a claim that women's phenotypes might be changed if they absorb enough male DNA, also that women who have a lot of sex with many casual male partners might somehow adopt more masculine traits. I think that second bit is backwards. I think (but can't say for certain in the absence of hard data), the causal relation is flipped incorrectly in that article by proclaiming lots of casual heterosexual sex causes more masculine, dominant personality traits in women. I think it is usually more the opposite case, that women who engage in a lot of casual sex were already more "dominant," outgoing and possessing traits considered more masculine, however I do not mean to imply that all women with those traits engage in a lot of sex with multiple partners. Here's an example, I knew a girl in college who had her share of partners. She was a "one of the guys" sort of girl, had a husky voice, liked to curse a lot. But I don't think any of this was a side effect of having a lot of sex. Also, guess what, she happened to be a heavy smoker. That shit will make your voice huskier.

Dating guru? I hope that was sarcasm. I can see him going to prison for rape then being raped in prison. Prisons are private property. It would almost be poetic.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dating guru? I hope that was sarcasm. I can see him going to prison for rape then being raped in prison. Prisons are private property. It would almost be poetic.

Is that some eye for an eye shit?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am highly skeptical of this. However it is interesting to notice that this makes the line between rape and eugenics a very thin one.

Lark

I am highly skeptical of this. However it is interesting to notice that this makes the line between rape and eugenics a very thin one.

How so?

I was wondering if it was a kind of "science" to back up the sexual health campaigns I've said suggesting that when people have sex with someone they may be having sex with every other person they have had sex with, it was ostensibly about preventing the spread of STD or STI but I know people who interpreted it in a moral sense kind of way.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
How so?

I was wondering if it was a kind of "science" to back up the sexual health campaigns I've said suggesting that when people have sex with someone they may be having sex with every other person they have had sex with, it was ostensibly about preventing the spread of STD or STI but I know people who interpreted it in a moral sense kind of way.

Because towards this theory you can give your DNA to a woman through sex. Therefore through raping you can perhaps "nudge" how the whole population develops in the terms of genes.

However as I said I am highly skeptical of this theory even if I never ventured too deep into molecular biology.
Plus, I know that internet is full of garbage that may sound interesting but probably isn't true.

Lark

Because towards this theory you can give your DNA to a woman through sex. Therefore through raping you can perhaps "nudge" how the whole population develops in the terms of genes.

However as I said I am highly skeptical of this theory even if I never ventured too deep into molecular biology.
Plus, I know that internet is full of garbage that may sound interesting but probably isn't true.

That's sinister, its like the finish of Arslen (or is it Arslan?), a sci fi dystopia novel which features both eugenics and some serious sexual violence, the villain/main guy is someone who typifies the necrophilious personality because he deliberately sets out to depopulate the planet and sterilise the entire human race by stealth, effectively ending humankind.

It was a shocking novel to be honest. Not sure I actually recovered from reading it.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Well that is some new info...

Is it though? Like chronologically? Feel like it's at least 3 years old. And what did you make of it Faithkelly? What is your opinion about it beyond it's shall we say at least three years old not really newness? Does it perhaps make you think of an advertisement link?

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Snopes article but it links the study

The claim has been debunked.
many times, yet it persists

Skimt

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You were so quick and determined in your response that I'm now curious about your motive.
Maybe instead of diverting it into some kind of character attack on someone you don't know, you can just actually draw your conclusions from the results of Snopes' research, which looks at the actual studies involved in the topic? Like, don't get sidetracked, dude.