• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone know how long we have until "Global Warming" starts

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Right. If we knew every variable involved in warming, that would be the case, but every current model has been off by a significant amount when compared to actual empirical data. There is no way to know exactly which variables they're missing, so the exercise is mostly pointless.

From Patrick J. Michaels' "Why Climate Models are Failing":

Where is the graph for CO2 concentration vs temperature? I'd love to see it, even it it's just in a closed container.

So I see that there is a gap between the model's output and empirical data, but these differences don't seem that large to me. If you are suggesting that the models are off by a factor of two or less, then we are more or less in agreement.

It seems that you have read up on this topic. Do you by any chance know any books that can offer (in your opinion) a fair and objective evaluation of the climate science community?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Abendrot said:
Do you by any chance know any books that can offer (in your opinion) a fair and objective evaluation of the climate science community?

You'll understand how dishonest and unscientific the climate science community is by reading "The Hockey Stick Illusion". It's about a statistician's attempt to peer review the infamous hockey stick journal article. That's the article that got the whole global warming/climate change ball rolling.

Mole

Permabanned
The problem with climate change or global warming is that it starts off slowly almost imperceptibly to most of us but then accumulates and builds into a catastrophe.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I don't get the fear at all. We have air conditioning and we have hydroponics. We can grow vegetables inside giant warehouses using LED bulbs and drip irrigation. Even if every coastal city flooded, that's just a tiny percentage of livable land.

I think what bothers me the most about people not caring for the environment we live in, aint so much that fact at all. What bothers me more is them thinking we can go on burning oil forever, what just is impossible. It is a perfect chance for new businesses of all sorts, if we start to care for making a product lifecycle and what its consuming during that time, sustainable. It can be a new engine for economics. And whole lot of new creativity and ideas on peoples sides. And that is purely capitalist thinking on my side.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We can't even get our own shit together and change our ways cuz progress. But let's go colonize other worlds and fuck them up in the meantime.

Building Better Worlds

Is it really f'ing it up if there are no other living organisms that we are infringing upon?