• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever heard of BIOHACKING?

Have you ever heard of Biohacking?

• Total voters

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
With CRISPR technology, it should be possible to genetically modify ourselves so we can digest cellulose like the bacteria inside the guts of termites; that would solve global starvation immediately.

I've read about people who ingest a ton of supplements like resveratrol and practice caloric restriction (self-starvation) so they live longer. There are actually molecules (SkQ1) that have been found to extend the lifespan of multiple species significantly; SkQ1 doubles the lifespan of mice.

SkQ1 is now available over the internet. It's sold under the name Visomitin. It costs $90 for 5 mg; 1 gram of it costs $3,650. Someone should buy this for Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, good point :D

Besides, when you go into cryosleep...don't you want to be able to assert your human supremacy by killing any aliens you encounter when you wake up? Its kill or be killed, you know?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Besides, when you go into cryosleep...don't you want to be able to assert your human supremacy by killing any aliens you encounter when you wake up? Its kill or be killed, you know?

Aww :cry: I'm sure not all aliens are bad though, right?

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So long as they don't lay eggs in your belly

I think it would be more likely that we humans would pull a classic Europian move and ruthlessly kill the aliens, enslave the rest, and take their stuff, under the pretense that we're superior to them so that makes it OK. Alien movies where the aliens try to take over Earth are so dumb ... If anything, the aliens are going to try and make friends with us and we're going to be the villains. #endsrant

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I see no problems with the tech itself but it is ripe for abuse from evil parties. Though it is really cool :D

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I see no problems with the tech itself but it is ripe for abuse from evil parties. Though it is really cool :D

Yep people who could REALLY use this tehnology will be left out because they can't pay meanwhile those who are already healthy, weathly and powerful will only become more so.

TBH, I have no interest. People always assume that I "Can't wait" for cybernetics/bionics but no, my body is fairly broken but dammit it's wtill trying. I'm not going to fire such a dedicated worker.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep people who could REALLY use this tehnology will be left out because they can't pay meanwhile those who are already healthy, weathly and powerful will only become more so.

TBH, I have no interest. People always assume that I "Can't wait" for cybernetics/bionics but no, my body is fairly broken but dammit it's wtill trying. I'm not going to fire such a dedicated worker.

You wouldn't want to upload your mind to a harddrive, either, then?

Mole

Permabanned
Fuck no. Never. Not ever.

Without you knowing you have already uploaded your mind to a hard drive, the hard drive of Typology Central. But naturally you drive forward looking in the rear vision mirror of your embodied self. But just as God died in the 19th century, and at the book died in the 20th century, our body in the 21st century.

Naturally we mourn the death of God, of the book, and of our body, until we emerge from the chrysalis as pure spirits.

For millennia we have looked forward to heaven, to becoming pure spirits, heaven has been our goal, and all at once it is upon us but we can't see it.

StrawberryJam

MBTI Type
INTJ
It sounds like what they do in movies but it sounds awesome anyway. As long as it doesn't have serious side effects that is.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it would be more likely that we humans would pull a classic Europian move and ruthlessly kill the aliens, enslave the rest, and take their stuff, under the pretense that we're superior to them so that makes it OK. Alien movies where the aliens try to take over Earth are so dumb ... If anything, the aliens are going to try and make friends with us and we're going to be the villains. #endsrant

Humans shall dominate. To say otherwise is to betray your race!

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Humans shall dominate. To say otherwise is to betray your race!

But why can't we be friends and equals? :)

SEAMRrX.jpg

yoE6xJU.jpg