User Tag List

Thread: Creating Apps

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Default Creating Apps

What are the options for learning how to make simple, little apps for sale?

There are a series of about six classes I know about at the community college which are supposed to help train for that skill.

Is there any type of software or something that allows for a short-cut to doing this?

I have a bunch of ideas for silly, simple little apps I want to sell, but am not that invested in becoming much of a programmer.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.

Permabanned

Hire a programmer.

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Hire a programmer.
    It might not result in any money, so it isn't a venture I want to actively lose money on.

The concepts are also so simple that it isn't really worth a huge investment unless it is something I can do myself. It will only take like three classes at the community college for the level of stuff I want to do, so that would be my second option if there isn't a more condensed approach.

I thought I heard about some app development software coming out.

Edit: They mostly involve funny cartoons characters I'll be creating (but need to learn vector graphics for the right format) and then they will just move around simply, or change when you click on them, or you slide them around to arrange them in order.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    It might not result in any money, so it isn't a venture I want to actively lose money on.

The concepts are also so simple that it isn't really worth a huge investment unless it is something I can do myself. It will only take like three classes at the community college for the level of stuff I want to do, so that would be my second option if there isn't a more condensed approach.

I thought I heard about some app development software coming out.

Edit: They mostly involve funny cartoons characters I'll be creating (but need to learn vector graphics for the right format) and then they will just move around simply, or change when you click on them, or you slide them around to arrange them in order.
    did you look at any of the software in the google search results page links?