User Tag List

Default How difficult is app design and development?

And then after that distribution? I know they could all be pretty different fields but is it like the sort of thing you could with adequate knowledge do as a side line, like vlogging and blogging, or is it the sort of thing which really requires your full attention, the same way you cant manage a business enterprise while you're still working at another job?

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's a really big question. It kind of depends on how complex the app is, what it does, what your skill sets are, what platform it is for.
    ▵▵▵
    Likes Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It's a really big question. It kind of depends on how complex the app is, what it does, what your skill sets are, what platform it is for.
    See my understanding is so basic that I'd need to explore what was meant by platform, besides android vs Apple tech, does that mean an operating system like ice cream sandwich or apple pi or raspberry pi or any of those things? Which I equally can name but know not much else besides about.

The sort of App I have in mind would be similar to an actual slide show with hot linked "contents page" which would lead to other "pages", possibly one or two pages of which would have logos which link to current phone numbers for services or which could be updated by the user with current numbers and details.

Its as a replacement for paper based introductory information leaflets or booklets explaining facilities purpose and function.

If you can imagine when you go and stay in a hotel or higher end B&B there is usually a file or folder which outlines all the room service details, left luggage, fire evac procedure, maybe taxi firms and numbers, the number of the concierge and reception desk and maybe a current menu or sandwich/room service menu, only instead of this being a file, when you check in or even prior to that point, possibly through the wifi but I'm not sure, you get a notice of the app's availability.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    See my understanding is so basic that I'd need to explore what was meant by platform, besides android vs Apple tech, does that mean an operating system like ice cream sandwich or apple pi or raspberry pi or any of those things? Which I equally can name but know not much else besides about.

The sort of App I have in mind would be similar to an actual slide show with hot linked "contents page" which would lead to other "pages", possibly one or two pages of which would have logos which link to current phone numbers for services or which could be updated by the user with current numbers and details.

Its as a replacement for paper based introductory information leaflets or booklets explaining facilities purpose and function.

If you can imagine when you go and stay in a hotel or higher end B&B there is usually a file or folder which outlines all the room service details, left luggage, fire evac procedure, maybe taxi firms and numbers, the number of the concierge and reception desk and maybe a current menu or sandwich/room service menu, only instead of this being a file, when you check in or even prior to that point, possibly through the wifi but I'm not sure, you get a notice of the app's availability.
    I'm not sure I totally understand your question. It sounds like maybe you are just looking is to do something in WordPress. I have known others to pick this up and just do it. It won't look as professional as it would if a person knows what they are doing though.

I wouldn't create an app (for smartphones) unless there is something important you want the user to do from an interaction standpoint and if you need things a phone offers like location, notifications, etc.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

sounds like a novel idea, but the menu should be dark blue. if u hurry u can be the first and make bank, I'll only take 51% sweat equity for my contribution and let you put in the rest.

MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A

Well, it sounds like a good idea, and the first thing I do when I have a good idea is see if someone else is doing my good idea already.

Here's a company that white labels in the hotel space: Mobile App for Hotel Guests - Hotel App Builder. I suspect if you targetted a smaller B&B market with customized apps you could do well to set up some successful subscription revenue.

You might want to look at other white label app builders like appypie too -- you don't need to have a coding background to put together something credible.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Well, it sounds like a good idea, and the first thing I do when I have a good idea is see if someone else is doing my good idea already.

Here's a company that white labels in the hotel space: Mobile App for Hotel Guests - Hotel App Builder. I suspect if you targetted a smaller B&B market with customized apps you could do well to set up some successful subscription revenue.

You might want to look at other white label app builders like appypie too -- you don't need to have a coding background to put together something credible.
    Oh, I see he is looking for an app that has location services maybe.

Maybe he could add a feature to hunt for Pokemons.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639