• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How difficult is app design and development?

Lark

And then after that distribution? I know they could all be pretty different fields but is it like the sort of thing you could with adequate knowledge do as a side line, like vlogging and blogging, or is it the sort of thing which really requires your full attention, the same way you cant manage a business enterprise while you're still working at another job?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a really big question. It kind of depends on how complex the app is, what it does, what your skill sets are, what platform it is for.

Lark

It's a really big question. It kind of depends on how complex the app is, what it does, what your skill sets are, what platform it is for.

See my understanding is so basic that I'd need to explore what was meant by platform, besides android vs Apple tech, does that mean an operating system like ice cream sandwich or apple pi or raspberry pi or any of those things? Which I equally can name but know not much else besides about.

The sort of App I have in mind would be similar to an actual slide show with hot linked "contents page" which would lead to other "pages", possibly one or two pages of which would have logos which link to current phone numbers for services or which could be updated by the user with current numbers and details.

Its as a replacement for paper based introductory information leaflets or booklets explaining facilities purpose and function.

If you can imagine when you go and stay in a hotel or higher end B&B there is usually a file or folder which outlines all the room service details, left luggage, fire evac procedure, maybe taxi firms and numbers, the number of the concierge and reception desk and maybe a current menu or sandwich/room service menu, only instead of this being a file, when you check in or even prior to that point, possibly through the wifi but I'm not sure, you get a notice of the app's availability.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See my understanding is so basic that I'd need to explore what was meant by platform, besides android vs Apple tech, does that mean an operating system like ice cream sandwich or apple pi or raspberry pi or any of those things? Which I equally can name but know not much else besides about.

The sort of App I have in mind would be similar to an actual slide show with hot linked "contents page" which would lead to other "pages", possibly one or two pages of which would have logos which link to current phone numbers for services or which could be updated by the user with current numbers and details.

Its as a replacement for paper based introductory information leaflets or booklets explaining facilities purpose and function.

If you can imagine when you go and stay in a hotel or higher end B&B there is usually a file or folder which outlines all the room service details, left luggage, fire evac procedure, maybe taxi firms and numbers, the number of the concierge and reception desk and maybe a current menu or sandwich/room service menu, only instead of this being a file, when you check in or even prior to that point, possibly through the wifi but I'm not sure, you get a notice of the app's availability.

I'm not sure I totally understand your question. It sounds like maybe you are just looking is to do something in WordPress. I have known others to pick this up and just do it. It won't look as professional as it would if a person knows what they are doing though.

I wouldn't create an app (for smartphones) unless there is something important you want the user to do from an interaction standpoint and if you need things a phone offers like location, notifications, etc.

Permabanned

sounds like a novel idea, but the menu should be dark blue. if u hurry u can be the first and make bank, I'll only take 51% sweat equity for my contribution and let you put in the rest.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

Well, it sounds like a good idea, and the first thing I do when I have a good idea is see if someone else is doing my good idea already.

Here's a company that white labels in the hotel space: Mobile App for Hotel Guests - Hotel App Builder. I suspect if you targetted a smaller B&B market with customized apps you could do well to set up some successful subscription revenue.

You might want to look at other white label app builders like appypie too -- you don't need to have a coding background to put together something credible.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it sounds like a good idea, and the first thing I do when I have a good idea is see if someone else is doing my good idea already.

Here's a company that white labels in the hotel space: Mobile App for Hotel Guests - Hotel App Builder. I suspect if you targetted a smaller B&B market with customized apps you could do well to set up some successful subscription revenue.

You might want to look at other white label app builders like appypie too -- you don't need to have a coding background to put together something credible.

Oh, I see he is looking for an app that has location services maybe.

Maybe he could add a feature to hunt for Pokemons.